• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 25, 2024, 12:31:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,369
  • Total Topics: 18,548
  • Online today: 86
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 183
Total: 183

Mugwumps & Post Turtles

Started by PaulineMi, January 02, 2013, 08:02:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

Was using google to get to the forum on my Kindle. Ran across this and couldn't resist sharing. If you read all of the posts on page 1 you'll see why.

http://community.birdsandblooms.com/forums/t/45508.aspx
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

LOL LOL LOL  That's great Pauline, and here all this time I though Mug was a wizard...

"The Supreme Mugwump is the name for the head of the International Confederation of Wizards." (http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Supreme_Mugwump)

Dennis

Mugwump

Actually there's a story to my handle.....I'll share it sometime, it involves my first week in 'Nam' and my first night on guard, in a perimeter fox hole, at a newly set up fire support base that we'd secured that morning......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

I'll be looking forward to that Jon.  At one time, I had many Vietnam Veterans as really good friends.

Dennis

PaulineMi

I'm also looking forward to your story Jon. Sounds like some heavy stuff.

My husband is a Vietnam vet, purple heart recipient.

Dad fought in WWII, son a Marine who, much to my relief, missed being shipped out to Desert Storm by one day due to the war ending.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mir

Ooo, I wanna know the story too!

That is cool, lol. I only knew "mugwump" as the political term, too. But that definition makes more sense! :D
Post turtle also reminds me of ilroost's signature. :)
<3 Miranda

Quote from: Mugwumpremember, youre fish can't scream 'what are you doing to me!'