• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 10:46:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,351
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 738
Total: 738

I was rude

Started by LizStreithorst, October 16, 2013, 02:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I am never rude at work.  I don't kiss ass, but I am kind and caring and do my best to translate the picture in their mind of what they want their dog to look like into how best to get what they want.  But I had this lady today.  I've been doing the dog for over a year.  I have seen her only twice.  The first is when she came in to give me the once over. The other times she has a gentleman pick up and drop off.  Today she dropped the dog off herself and told me to dremmel the nails.  No problem.  When she picked the dog up she asked if I had dremmeled the nalls.  I said "Yes".  She said, "No, you didn't".  I got pissed.  It didn't matter to me that she is a monthly customer, that the dog is great for grooming, and the groom itself is easy peasy.  If there is one thing you don't do with me is call me a liar.  I looked that bitch in the eye and said, "I beg your pardon?", scooped the dog up, but her back on the table where the owner could see me pick up the dremmel which was still on the table, and go over each of the dogs front nails.

I softened a bit when she gave me a $10. tip.  Still, when I go up on prices again, she will get a full $5.00 increase rather than two or three I usually go up.  The lady pushed the wrong button on me.

(sorry for the rant.  I needed to get it off my chest and there was nobody on chat.)
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Dang!!!.....I hope that your calmed down now?.....you need a beer and a sandwich lunch ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I feel a good bit calmer now.  I'm even kind am enjoying it.  I can imagine what she saw in my face and eyes.  But she questioned my integrity.  It's the thing I have that most value.  No way could I let that slide.

Barb

I don't blame you Liz, I hate to be called a liar when I am not one.  But what did you do that was rude?  Saying I beg your pardon isn't rude.
Barb

LizStreithorst

My words were polite.  My demeanor was not.  The one who I was kind to was the dog.   

BallAquatics

I don't mean to piss you off Liz, but you were the one being treated rudely.

Dennis

BillT

QuoteI don't mean to piss you off Liz, but you were the one being treated rudely.

Yes. You behavior seems appropriate to me. I think it is good to let people know when they are acting poorly, otherwise they may not realize what they are doing.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: BallAquatics on October 16, 2013, 06:53:27 PM
I don't mean to piss you off Liz, but you were the one being treated rudely.

Dennis

Come to think of it, Dennis, you're right.  And she thinks she can get away with it with a $10. tip.  Last time I went up on prices I didn't go up on her dog.  I enjoy doing the dog and it's so easy for me to get the look she wants.  I think she's due for her $5.00 increase when she calls for an appt. next month.  She can take it or leave it.  Her choice.  I know damn well that I can do the Sassy better than anyone she has been to. I will set my price and leave the decision up to her.  If she accepts the increase I'll let go of the matter.

I deal with all sorts of people.  I can handle the ones who come in and treat me like they think I don't know what I'm doing.       That's rude too, but I can deal with it..  I'm not generally this vindictive but I can be.  Sorry.  I'll let y'all know next month how it turns out.