• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 21, 2024, 02:59:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,359
  • Total Topics: 18,544
  • Online today: 782
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 765
Total: 765

Koi Pair # 1 to Divorce

Started by wsantia1, January 28, 2016, 05:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

This Koi pair, which has actually made me some money, is being split up. After several recent unsuccessful spawnings I have decided that it's time.

They had a spawn 2 days ago and the male did not fertilize the eggs. This pair is now guarding and taking care of these unfertilized eggs with all they have. They have officially either gone stupid or crazy on me.  huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 28, 2016, 05:16:57 PM
This Koi pair, which has actually made me some money, is being split up. After several recent unsuccessful spawnings I have decided that it's time.

They had a spawn 2 days ago and the male did not fertilize the eggs. This pair is now guarding and taking care of these unfertilized eggs with all they have. They have officially either gone stupid or crazy on me.  huh

I vote for stupid....yup, time to split em up.....you can likely repair later on down the road too, if you want, or need to... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

WTH,never had that happen   with one that spawned before.What did he do,just stare at her while she was laying

wsantia1

Quote from: ghonk on January 28, 2016, 05:58:31 PM
WTH,never had that happen   with one that spawned before.What did he do,just stare at her while she was laying

It's got me scratching my head. These are parent raisers too. huh
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 28, 2016, 06:13:52 PM

He was out late the night before...so she went ahead without him...........that'll show him, huh?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 28, 2016, 07:01:03 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on January 28, 2016, 06:13:52 PM

He was out late the night before...so she went ahead without him...........that'll show him, huh?

I've got two better males than him. I'll split them up and fatten her up some since she's been laying eggs for a while on a regular schedule. Then I'll introduce her to a different male. My best male has the Killer gene so I have to be careful about who I pair him with.
Willie

wsantia1

A nice size spawn from this pair is free swimming for a couple of days and is looking good. They must have known that I was going to separate them so they did their job. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 01, 2016, 09:10:33 AM
A nice size spawn from this pair is free swimming for a couple of days and is looking good. They must have known that I was going to separate them so they did their job. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

|^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|......sweeeeet
Jon