• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 10:14:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,356
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 760
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 711
Total: 712

More Growout Space

Started by wsantia1, January 05, 2016, 03:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

The LFS just called me and is taking 12 pre-breeders from a 55g. This will empty out the tank except for some Corys and BNs|^| |^| |^| More growout space for fry with another two 55s still to set up. |^| |^| |^|.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 05, 2016, 03:15:28 PM
The LFS just called me and is taking 12 pre-breeders from a 55g. This will empty out the tank except for some Corys and BNs|^| |^| |^| More growout space for fry with another two 55s still to set up. |^| |^| |^|.

+1....excellent....what kind of angels?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 05, 2016, 03:26:53 PM

I'm giving him some Koi since I have more brewing. I was looking to move these and was starting to worry that they would get too big for me to sell.  ;D
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 05, 2016, 03:29:54 PM

I'm giving him some Koi since I have more brewing. I was looking to move these and was starting to worry that they would get too big for me to sell.  ;D

..breeders sell well at swaps.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 05, 2016, 03:36:04 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on January 05, 2016, 03:29:54 PM

..breeders sell well at swaps.... ;D

I know. I wish we had swaps here. Then I would actually be making some money. huh All they have is auctions. Nothing like the midwest.
Willie

LizStreithorst

Shoot...'bout all I have is Aquabid.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Our club has auctions which is okay. Supports the great speakers we have come in, but really can't pay for fish food with what we make there. The only swaps we have are the ones I start up and pull off. It takes time and I don't have that commodity right now.  No one else wants to do it. Actually, the last time some of the people on the wafishbox.com started asking to do another one, there weren't enough table promises to pay the room rent.  I'm going to try to get one going in February. I think this will be the 8th or 9th one we've done.

Any of you guys want to come out and get a table? I'll show you around the area...!   |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron