• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 20, 2024, 01:04:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 134
Total: 134

Day after the boom booms...

Started by Mugwump, July 05, 2017, 11:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...hotter than forecast already, but I got the grass cut  ;D....

....now finishing the wash and fish room tinkering........I really need some new heaters...really.....got a bunch of intermittent ones.....I'll see what Jehmco has and start scrounging around for some loose change......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Tony44

Yea hot in the sun but in shade it was ok. I replace mine every year a sell the old ones that helps with the cost but I don't like when they fail
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

Tony44

And they were crazy around here. Went to oak brook fire works on Monday nite then on the forth they were blowing stuff up around here till 100 don't these. People have to work
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

Mugwump

...here come da boom booms.............it's raining like a cow pee'n on a flat rock...................whoooooooosh.....weeeeeeeeee
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

It's dropped 18deg's here in the last 1/2 hour....... |^| huh |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Jehmco has the Won's dirt cheap.  They're great unless you do something stupid like allow them to get exposed to air.  (Sorry Mug.  Blame that comment on on my evil twin who has access to my account)  I know that you don't like them because they explode when they hit the air.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 05, 2017, 06:47:51 PM
Jehmco has the Won's dirt cheap.  They're great unless you do something stupid like allow them to get exposed to air.  (Sorry Mug.  Blame that comment on on my evil twin who has access to my account)  I know that you don't like them because they explode when they hit the air.

I've used them mounted horizontal and they worked fine.... |^|.....lost a couple few before doing water changes, but finally learned my lesson and turned them. 
Jon

wallace

Quote from: Mugwump on July 05, 2017, 06:18:55 PM

I love those sudden cool downs from a good Tstorm  |^| |^|
Dan

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on July 05, 2017, 07:02:30 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 05, 2017, 06:47:51 PM

I've used them mounted horizontal and they worked fine.... |^|.....lost a couple few before doing water changes, but finally learned my lesson and turned them.

They're like 12 bucks each!  They aren't as good as the green Ebo's but they are the closest thing as far as doing what they are supposed to do for a very long time.  I've tried so many brands  and these are my favorite.  I think that they should be everyone's go-to heater but they're not huh  They get no respect.

I just lay mine right on the bottom of my BB tanks.  Why bother with silly suction cups?  I've blown up a few in my water storage containers because I forgot to turn them off when I started refilling the tanks.  I just thought, "Oh shit.  I blew up a heater.  Another 12 bucks won't put me in the poor house."

LizStreithorst

Quote from: wallace on July 05, 2017, 07:14:24 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on July 05, 2017, 06:18:55 PM

I love those sudden cool downs from a good Tstorm  |^| |^|

It was hot as hell today but it's not allowed to rain until Friday.  I have oil based paint drying.  I will drip sweat before I will see my primer injured by rain.
Mama Bear :P