• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 02:06:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 756
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 734
Total: 734

Friday 13th coffee

Started by Mugwump, January 13, 2017, 06:10:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...wonderful coffee this morn'n....MMMmmmm   came really close to just roll'n over ....zzzzzz

Another cold January day...14deg's up to mid 20's later on...but no precipitation.... 8)

Possibly a few errands ?..then fish room putz'n, and a few chores...yada yada...   

We have an Applebys gift card, so might head out for lunch later... huh..

..but for now....more coffee  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Going out to lunch is always a good idea.

More coffee. My first cup got cold. I need to pay attention.

wsantia1

Near disaster with my coffee this morning. Forgot to put the lid back on the carafe and the water pooled in the filter/grinds housing. After making the adjustment with the lid the coffee poured into the carafe instantaneously. The coffee was a little stronger than usual but there were very few grinds in the coffee and it was delicious. |^| |^| |^|

It is still 54 degree outside but that will be today's high as the winds have shifted from the south to the northwest bringing that cold air along with it. It is quite breezy to at this time. Oh well, it is not even a month into Winter.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

I hate it when the filter collapses and blocks that little plug .....if ya don't catch it, it floods all over.....cleaning up the mess is one thing...but having to wait longer for coffee is torture... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 13, 2017, 06:40:28 AM
I hate it when the filter collapses and blocks that little plug .....if ya don't catch it, it floods all over.....cleaning up the mess is one thing...but having to wait longer for coffee is torture... huh

More than a few grinds made it into the last cup. I just sucked them down. I caught the overflow just before "major cleanup" time. Still some cleanup needed before the next pot though. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Pot #2 about half gone....fish fed, load of wash in, bowl of cereal......and might even get dressed now... huh   or an early nap? LOL

..bring on the day !!  |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

....Morning all...Coffee soon cause I hear LUcy getting up...!

,,,today is go to big city day...haha...Casa Grande...for a bunch of errands...mostly to pick up stuff to complete my work here...

...looking 54f right now and about 70 later today...yesterday was grand...I actually stretched out in my lounge in the sun for a few minutes...40% for rain tomorrow...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 13, 2017, 06:50:01 AM

More than a few grinds made it into the last cup. I just sucked them down. I caught the overflow just before "major cleanup" time. Still some cleanup needed before the next pot though. huh

You Gents should check out French presses for making coffee.  When my last coffee maker died, we got one of these and I've never looked back.

Makes yummy coffee in 4 minutes.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 13, 2017, 11:04:09 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on January 13, 2017, 06:50:01 AM

You Gents should check out French presses for making coffee.  When my last coffee maker died, we got one of these and I've never looked back.

Makes yummy coffee in 4 minutes.....

Dennis

I'm not fond of those contraptions.....but an old fashion percolator would be nice... ;)
Jon