• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 01:31:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 756
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 742
Total: 742

Up and at 'em

Started by BallAquatics, December 29, 2016, 05:32:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Up early again this morning.  Had an early breakfast too.  I am usually appalled by the though of food first thing in the morning.  Must have been the fresh bread calling out to me.  LOL

Had a nice sausage sandwich on lightly toasted bread with some course brown mustard.  Very tasty.   |^|

Full day of fishy work on tap today.  Need to update the club website with the 2017 info, get started on the winter issue of the club newsletter, and lastly work on a Danio presentation I'm scheduled to give in February.  Might try to squeeze in a trip out to check on Mom too.  She is planning to leave for about three months in FL in the next week or so.

Amy Winehouse on the turntable...

https://youtu.be/b-I2s5zRbHg

https://youtu.be/TJAfLE39ZZ8

Dennis

Mugwump

..Morn'n.....I've been up for a bit too....but got side tracked by a nutso pup greeting me in the hall....what a sweetie  8)

..anyway, the coffee is very good...MMmmm...on another cold day..

Looks like I'll hit the fish room too...the guy that stopped yesterday was here for over 3hrs....LOL...didn't get much done but a couple pots of coffee and lots of fish talk.....a very nice visit....he keeps birds too, so he left with 'Stretch' our young female cockatiel....he has a nice male that he'll pair her with..

...Amy Winehouse......good choice  |^|

...brb....more coffee needed for me..

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Great coffee this morning. Pouring rain outside. Waiting for a break to take Kobe out. Some putzing in the fishroom today. Falling a little behind. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Pot #2.....superb  |^|      ;D

....dang head cold, or whatever, is lingering.....Jan's suffering now too....blah....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Sorry to hear you and Jan are not feeling well.  It sucks to be feeling poorly.  Hope you feel better soon.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 29, 2016, 06:41:44 AM
Sorry to hear you and Jan are not feeling well.  It sucks to be feeling poorly.  Hope you feel better soon.

Dennis

...thanks....we'll kick it here soon, I hope.... huh
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on December 29, 2016, 06:44:03 AM

Dennis

Hopefully you guys feel better soon.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

When time permits, I've been reading, "Survival of the Sickest: The Surprising Connections Between Disease and Longevity". 

QuoteIn this insightful book Dr. Sharon Moalem demonstrates how conditions that are considered unhealthy (such as hemochromatosis, diabetes, and high cholesterol), or even deadly in extreme cases, might actually put their carriers at an advantage in combating other life-threatening illnesses. For example, he explains that hemochromatosis, a disease that, if left untreated, will kill you, may have actually been a defense against the deadliest pandemic in history--the bubonic plague during the 14th century. It turns out that this genetic mutation, which continues to be passed down through generations, actually helped spare many lives at one point.

https://www.amazon.com/Survival-Sickest-Surprising-Connections-Longevity-ebook/dp/B000OI0E6I/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1483016724&sr=1-1&keywords=Survival+of+the+Sickest%3A

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 29, 2016, 07:09:24 AM
When time permits, I've been reading, "Survival of the Sickest: The Surprising Connections Between Disease and Longevity". 

QuoteIn this insightful book Dr. Sharon Moalem demonstrates how conditions that are considered unhealthy (such as hemochromatosis, diabetes, and high cholesterol), or even deadly in extreme cases, might actually put their carriers at an advantage in combating other life-threatening illnesses. For example, he explains that hemochromatosis, a disease that, if left untreated, will kill you, may have actually been a defense against the deadliest pandemic in history--the bubonic plague during the 14th century. It turns out that this genetic mutation, which continues to be passed down through generations, actually helped spare many lives at one point.

https://www.amazon.com/Survival-Sickest-Surprising-Connections-Longevity-ebook/dp/B000OI0E6I/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1483016724&sr=1-1&keywords=Survival+of+the+Sickest%3A

Dennis

....looks interesting....
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 29, 2016, 07:07:07 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on December 29, 2016, 06:44:03 AM

Dennis

Hopefully you guys feel better soon.

...thanks, Willie......had to be all the g'kids here at Xmas time.....when we catch this junk, it's been through the local schools too....
Jon