• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 06:53:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 494
Total: 495

Finally

Started by b125killer, April 19, 2014, 08:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

Scott find you a cabinet maker. I tried to make a stand for a 125 bow front never could get it right. I called a local cabinet maker he came over looked at the tank took some drawings called me a week later and I had my frame only charged me a 100 bucks. I wasted that much in wood. I took 1/4 inch Birch and cover the frame it looked great.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on April 25, 2014, 06:51:22 AM
Scott find you a cabinet maker. I tried to make a stand for a 125 bow front never could get it right. I called a local cabinet maker he came over looked at the tank took some drawings called me a week later and I had my frame only charged me a 100 bucks. I wasted that much in wood. I took 1/4 inch Birch and cover the frame it looked great.

good idea....let me check with my buddy a few blocks over....he's makes stands and has some free time now, I believe...he might do it pretty cheap??.......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

That's a good ideal JR, that's one of the things that worries me is spending money on all the wood and not getting it to look right. I'm just not sure I have the right tools and skills to make the arch look good. I know if I had a frame to work with I could finish it.
That would be awesome if you could get a hold of buddy for me Jon.
And thanks for the offer Ed what would you want for the pair? If you wanted to trade I have a nice young pair of albino standard fin BN's.
Scott

EdKaz

QuoteAnd thanks for the offer Ed what would you want for the pair? If you wanted to trade I have a nice young pair of albino standard fin BN's.

Seems I remember someone already bringing ME a pair of fish ....."just because".

If you want a pair of these ( I have 3 young sets that JUST paired and laid in the last week) theyre yours.
If the wife and I make it to the GCCA swap Sun, and you plan on being there, Ill bring you a pair.

If we dont happen to make it to the swap(Mary is still trying to find someone to cover her shift at work) .......Ill save you a pair and next time I get to Johns, or you get down this way we'll get em to you somehow.

Mugwump

Quote from: EdKaz on April 25, 2014, 08:03:53 AM
QuoteAnd thanks for the offer Ed what would you want for the pair? If you wanted to trade I have a nice young pair of albino standard fin BN's.

Seems I remember someone already bringing ME a pair of fish ....."just because".

If you want a pair of these ( I have 3 young sets that JUST paired and laid in the last week) theyre yours.
If the wife and I make it to the GCCA swap Sun, and you plan on being there, Ill bring you a pair.

If we dont happen to make it to the swap(Mary is still trying to find someone to cover her shift at work) .......Ill save you a pair and next time I get to Johns, or you get down this way we'll get em to you somehow.

If your daughter could drop you off..you can ride in with us???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

EdKaz

QuoteIf your daughter could drop you off..you can ride in with us???

Thanks for the offer, but Im afraid the issues and hardware in my back WONT ALLOW a full day at the swap >:(
At some point during a whole day I'd have to go from walking around seemingly "normal"....to having to sit down(which is KINDA ok) ......and or to having to lay down on the floor (REAL embarrassing :-[).........  or just pill up,(crazy stuff that would knock a horse to his knees ) go home, and lick my wounds. :'( :'( :'(

The daughter sometimes Stays in Dekalb for a few days and Im not sure of her schedule or plans (They change a LOT). I kinda heard her saying she has the later start this Sun (9am?) and that She MIGHT head up Sat night and stay with a friend though.....lemme check with her later today, and if Scott is going with you guys Sunday and its ok with you.......if she heads up Sat Ill send her up with a pair for Scott and have her drop em off at your house to save everyone else the trips.

Mugwump

I'll check with Scott....or he can chime in here... ;D....he knows he has a ride if he wants....
Jon

b125killer

Yea I would like to ride in with you and Jan. Thanks Ed for the fish and the trouble your going through to get them to me. If all else fails I'm sure me and Jon could pick them up next weekend. 
Scott

Mugwump

Sure Scott, usual time.......Ed, I guess it's up to your lovely daughter, who's name always escapes me.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon