• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 09:32:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 513
Total: 513

Shame on me

Started by LizStreithorst, August 06, 2017, 12:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I put two pairs in 29's.  One pair is a Blue Marble PS pair which had never had a chance to raise fry.  They got it right the first time.  The kids got their first feeding of BBS this morning.  I know that these Marbles of mine sometimes carry some unexpected recessive genes.  I've been looking forward to breeding these and I'm hoping that they produce something other than 100% blue marble PS offspring.

The other pair I wouldn't have put together had I known that I would be getting Barb's half black pair.  They are both ps's.  The male is a blue marble and the female is a regular marble.  I did it to see if they were the ones throwing the ps plats and sunsets.  It was either them or my ps Ghost pair.  Their kids just went free swimming but aren't up and about yet.

All I can hope is that the wholesaler decides to be good to me Thursday and the LPS wants a few more.  If not, I'll end up dragging another of my 190 gallon containers back inside the fish room and consolidation tanks into the container so I'll have the tank space to keep these spawns separate so I know what each pair does.  Back when the wholesaler was buying everything I could crank out, I just jumbled spawns together.  It seemed like a good idea at the time but now left with all these pairs that I have no clue what strains they produce huh

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 06, 2017, 12:00:28 PM
I put two pairs in 29's.  One pair is a Blue Marble PS pair which had never had a chance to raise fry.  They got it right the first time.  The kids got their first feeding of BBS this morning.  I know that these Marbles of mine sometimes carry some unexpected recessive genes.  I've been looking forward to breeding these and I'm hoping that they produce something other than 100% blue marble PS offspring.

The other pair I wouldn't have put together had I known that I would be getting Barb's half black pair.  They are both ps's.  The male is a blue marble and the female is a regular marble.  I did it to see if they were the ones throwing the ps plats and sunsets.  It was either them or my ps Ghost pair.  Their kids just went free swimming but aren't up and about yet.

All I can hope is that the wholesaler decides to be good to me Thursday and the LPS wants a few more.  If not, I'll end up dragging another of my 190 gallon containers back inside the fish room and consolidation tanks into the container so I'll have the tank space to keep these spawns separate so I know what each pair does.  Back when the wholesaler was buying everything I could crank out, I just jumbled spawns together.  It seemed like a good idea at the time but now left with all these pairs that I have no clue what strains they produce huh

...that's not so bad........with fall fast approaching, folks are beginning to stock tanks again.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Fall won't help me unless I get over my fear of shipping.  Remember, there is no increase in the demand for fish in the cooler months.  My only outlets are the wholesaler and Ken and Twee at the pet store. 

I need to get over sweating blood with every shipment I send out.  These days I'm like Barb.  I only ship fish when the fish are free and the person I send to pays the shipping.  The Mama Bear turns into a sissy girl when it comes to shipping.   I need to get over it.
Always move forward. Never look back.