• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 11:46:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,356
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 760
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 735
Total: 735

Cinco de Mayo day...

Started by Mugwump, May 05, 2016, 06:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Happy Cinco de Mayo !!!... ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Yes Happy Cinco de Mayo and Happy 3rd Birthday to my great granddaughter Bella. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

There are many stories related to the sinking of the Titanic in April, 1912:
For example, most people don't know that back in 1912, Best Foods Mayonnaise was manufactured in England.

The Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after New York.

The Mexican people were eagerly awaiting delivery to apply fiesta specialties for their upcoming summertime parties and were disconsolate at the loss.

So much so that they declared a national day of mourning which they still observe today.

It is known, of course, as Sinko de Mayo.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on May 05, 2016, 08:12:39 PM
So much so that they declared a national day of mourning which they still observe today.

It is known, of course, as Sinko de Mayo.

Liz is peeing in the yard, and Jon is giving history lessons?  Does it get any better.  LOL

I hope Mr. Sharp doesn't show up unexpectedly.....

Dennis