• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 02:11:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 640
Total: 640

Slow day here.....

Started by Mugwump, April 30, 2017, 02:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

.....a brief pause before the storms continue on through...

..We're just putz'n along.... |^|....Jan's sewing, and I'm loafing while doing a couple loads of wash...it's looking more and more like these storms will be hang'n around tomorrow too.... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Lazy day here, too.  Nothing but rain.  I'm enjoying it :)
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 30, 2017, 03:08:21 PM
Lazy day here, too.  Nothing but rain.  I'm enjoying it :)

+1......yup, me too...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Billy and I went out to work on the bikes for a bit.  Took my test light and it didn't take any time at all to track down the electrical problem with the 550.

Need to get some fuel line and some in-line filters and with a bit of luck I'll have it fired up.  Still a long way from being on the road though.

Also need to visit the Ohio BMV as the titles are both in Terri's name.  On-line research says it's no big deal to transfer them over.....

Dennis

LizStreithorst

BallAquatics

Thanks Liz!!!  I've been watching this show about vintage bike restoration and it's really got me excited again.  I've been feeling pretty good the past several day too, so that helps a bunch.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on April 30, 2017, 04:11:49 PM
Thanks Liz!!!  I've been watching this show about vintage bike restoration and it's really got me excited again.  I've been feeling pretty good the past several day too, so that helps a bunch.

Dennis

...gonna repaint the tanks ???
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on April 30, 2017, 05:46:13 PM
...gonna repaint the tanks ???

I'm pretty happy with the paint.....

The 550 is '67 Chevelle blue, and the CBX is all original.

The disc brakes need some attention, and the 1988 tires will need to be replaced.  I'm pretty confident I can get the 550 on the road within a couple of months.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Jon

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I can't remember when I have had such a lovely time sitting around doing almost nothing.  I didn't realize it but I was in great need of contemplating time.

BallAquatics

Quote from: Ron Sower on April 30, 2017, 08:37:54 PM
Awesome job, Dennis... |^|

Thanks Ron.  I'm amazed at how well they have kept being in storage in Pop's garage since the fall of 1988....  almost 30 years!

The plan was, that after I retired, Terri and I would go back to touring like we did before we had kids.  I guess I should get the bags and other stuff out of the attic.  No telling what shape it's in after all these years.

Dennis

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on May 01, 2017, 04:40:25 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on April 30, 2017, 08:37:54 PM
Awesome job, Dennis... |^|

Thanks Ron.  I'm amazed at how well they have kept being in storage in Pop's garage since the fall of 1988....  almost 30 years!

The plan was, that after I retired, Terri and I would go back to touring like we did before we had kids.  I guess I should get the bags and other stuff out of the attic.  No telling what shape it's in after all these years.

Dennis

I wonder of those bags will be in as good shape as the bike!!!??? ::)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron