• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 02:30:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,352
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 927
  • Online ever: 927
  • (Today at 02:17:12 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 914
Total: 914

Angel Genetics

Started by GeorgeG, September 06, 2015, 04:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeG

My female is a DD Black but my male is an albino but I had him for a few years and I am not sure if he is the PB albino or Dauntum Albino but how would you put them in a genetics calculator so I can tell what I have. Since the little blacks have one albino gene each I should get some dark albinos next year if paired together ? You can still see the Albino stripe very faintly like the Dauntum but I am not sure anymore. I am moving them into the 55 this afternoon.

Mugwump

Dantum's are crosses....therefore no gene to enter....

If it's a PB albino...then use a/a pb/pb....

since some of the fry are all het for albino, and het for PB, and carry the dark gene...and you'll be doing sibling crosses..

D/+ - +/pb - +/a - Black Lace
D/+ - +/pb - +/a - Black Lace

3.125%   D/+ - Black Lace
3.125%   +/pb - Silver
3.125%   D/D - +/pb - Black(dd)
6.25%   D/+ - +/a - Black Lace
1.5625%   a/a - Albino
1.5625%   pb/pb - a/a - Blue Albino
12.5%   D/+ - +/pb - +/a - Black Lace
3.125%   D/D - +/a - Black(dd)
3.125%   D/D - +/pb - a/a - Albino Black(dd)
6.25%   D/+ - pb/pb - +/a - Pinoy
3.125%   D/D - pb/pb - +/a - Pinoy
3.125%   +/pb - a/a - Albino
3.125%   D/+ - a/a - Albino Lace
1.5625%   D/D - pb/pb - Pinoy
6.25%   D/D - +/pb - +/a - Black(dd)
1.5625%   D/D - Black(dd)
3.125%   pb/pb - +/a - Blue Silver
6.25%   D/+ - +/pb - Black Lace
1.5625%   +/+ - Silver
3.125%   D/+ - pb/pb - a/a - Albino Pinoy
1.5625%   pb/pb - Blue Silver
6.25%   D/+ - +/pb - a/a - Albino Lace
3.125%   +/a - Silver
3.125%   D/+ - pb/pb - Pinoy
6.25%   +/pb - +/a - Silver
1.5625%   D/D - pb/pb - a/a - Albino Pinoy
1.5625%   D/D - a/a - Albino Black(dd)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GeorgeG

Thanks for the genetic information.

Since I do not know what Albino I have other than an Albino I will keep using that as my male so not confuse anybody. So all I have is an Albino with a DD Black female

ghonk

Can you post more pics of the albino.
If you are getting blacks the albino would have to carry either a dark gene or a gold gene.
If it's a pinoy it would have the dark gene.
If  not a pinoy it may still have a dark gene,or carry a single dose of gold which would make the dark ones hybred blacks D/g.

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on September 06, 2015, 05:57:47 PM
If you are getting blacks the albino would have to carry either a dark gene or a gold gene.
If  not a pinoy it may still have a dark gene,or carry a single dose of gold which would make the dark ones hybred blacks D/g.

He stated above...."My female is a DD Black".....that means all the fry will carry a dark gene.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GeorgeG

Here is the photo the best I could of the Albino male.

ghonk

Quote from: Mugwump on September 06, 2015, 06:07:19 PM

He stated above...."My female is a DD Black".....that means all the fry will carry a dark gene.....

I know that,but the ALBINO would still  have to carry either a dark or gold gene for him to be getting blacks.

George said the albino may   be PB,which means even in double dose that   it could be a blue rather then a pinoy.  That's why i asked for another pic.
If it's a blue and not a pinoy that would mean it must have a hidden gold gene.   

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on September 06, 2015, 08:26:13 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on September 06, 2015, 06:07:19 PM

I know that,but the ALBINO would still  have to carry either a dark or gold gene for him to be getting blacks.

George said the albino may   be PB,which means even in double dose that   it could be a blue rather then a pinoy.  That's why i asked for another pic.
If it's a blue and not a pinoy that would mean it must have a hidden gold gene.   

not true....the dark expresses in single dose....lace....

Jon

ghonk

George called the juvies blacks ,not black lace in his post,thats what i was going by.

No doubt looking at the other pics that the albino is double dose PB.
And looks like it has to much green to be a blue albino,what do you think Jon,pinoy albino.

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on September 06, 2015, 08:54:59 PM
George called the juvies blacks ,not black lace in his post,thats what i was going by.

No doubt looking at the other pics that the albino is double dose PB.
And looks like it has to much green to be a blue albino,what do you think Jon,pinoy albino.

I think that you're right there....after looking again, some of the fry look to be DD....so the male has to be a Pinoy albino....
Jon

GeorgeG

Thanks everyone for the help.