• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 09:42:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 564
Total: 564

Started by ilroost, September 22, 2013, 07:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilroost

About how long do angels live?

Mugwump

I've had some 8+ years, I know of some that are about 10...but on average, I'd say for on average 3 yrs or so....breeders, likely 4-5 yrs....if they keep them??? The pair that were 8+, were stilling spawning...not often, but to die for fry....the female just passed on one day, the male two days later...I know he missed her and just gave up...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

I bought a quarter size marble angel in 1999, he lived until last year!!  He was healthy and beautiful almost to the end, he stopped eating and died in a few days.  I buried him under a bush in my flower bed.
Barb

ilroost

That is what i'm afraid of. I have a breeding pair that is at least 5 years old. I got them from a lady who said they was breeding for her. So who knows just how old they are. The female is not doing to good, keeps floating on her side.I don't think she will make it much longer.

Mugwump

yep, sad....swim bladder starts to go and not much helps....sorry about that...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

I was wondering should i find a new female for him or not.They are in a community tank and always laid eggs but i never pulled them. If he is real old and might not make it much longer i would rather wait and get a few little ones and start over.It might be hard to find a big female around here anyways

Mugwump

You never know, get in a nice young female for him, and he might surprise you.
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on September 22, 2013, 07:59:44 PM
.....get in a nice young female for him, and he might surprise you.

I had this old male beagle.  He was a fantastic hunting dog.  I got him a nice young female in the hopes of pups and he was gone within 6 weeks.  Lol Lol...  it's funny now, but I was very upset at the time.   :(

Dennis