• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 08:05:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 570
Total: 570

tank density

Started by greydragon, September 06, 2013, 01:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greydragon

i was wondering if you have a total of 133 gals of grow out space how many young angels can you have?(1 55 gal,2 29 gals and 1 20 high) thanks for your help

Mugwump

Quote from: greydragon on September 06, 2013, 01:38:27 PM
i was wondering if you have a total of 133 gals of grow out space how many young angels can you have?(1 55 gal,2 29 gals and 1 20 high) thanks for your help

The 29's and the 20H, are good for pairs. The 55 gal can hold 6-8 adults, if you maintain a weekly water change schedule. However, if/when they pair up...it could get troublesome.  ;D

You'd need a 5 gal or 10 gal to rear fry (if parents don't raise)..then the 55 gal could be used for grow out....for a bit....not long.

If you'd want just one pair, should they parent raise, in the 20H ..you could split them up and use the 2 29's for early grow out...cull for the best, or to reduce the spawn, and then further grow them out in the 55 gal....to sell as nickel+ or quarter size...after that you'd need more grow out space....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels

"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...