• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 12:11:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 592
Total: 592

Mana X Female Not Eating

Started by wsantia1, August 26, 2013, 06:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Question, my manax female has not eaten since she ate her spawn a couple of days ago.  The water parameters are amm=0,
nitrites=0 and nitrates 10. She looks ok just staying under a plant with relaxed breathing.  The male is eating everything and then he goes back to check on her. Any ideas? Maybe she's still full.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

You can do another water change, sometimes that perks em up. Even turning off the lights early can give them extra rest time, especially if she just had a spawn and snacked on it....check you sponges and filters too, just for grins......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Thanks I will do that tomorrow morning since I just did a 20 percent change yesterday (they put chloramines in my water so I can't change too much at one time).  She came out tonight when I wasn't in the room.  I left the blue led light on for now and they will go off with the timer.
Willie

FancyFins

Have you tried bloodworms yet?  My fish simply cannot resist them.  Even the pickest of eaters tear into them.

wsantia1

I've given them the bloodworms.  She coming around now.  Gave her some beef heart flakes and some bbs.  What's funny is that she seems to be on the lookout for me.  Must think I caused her to eat her fry. LOL
Willie

FancyFins

Sometimes the 'personality' displays of fish crack me up.  Funny to think that in reality there is an interaction between man and fish.  It wouldn't seem as funny if it was just man observing.