• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 07:41:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 547
Total: 547

Got me some little plats

Started by Mugwump, July 11, 2013, 01:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

;D..Willie came by and dropped off a dozen sweet little dime size plats.....pretty little things.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Reminds me of back when you and I had the plats voted "prettiest in the photo contest ".   ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Yep, I still have him.....Willie stopped at the tank and said, wow, what a pretty angel.....he is an F1 from Pete and Deb Bottle's original shipment through Enrique, from Ken.....his fry live in in Het Koi, etc...

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

That's so nice that you still have him.  Mine got murdered by a vicious zebra. It happened between their morning feeding when all was fine and later that same afternoon. I saw the zebra attacking the plat who was full of red areas where scales were missing. I put the plat in a separate tank to no avail. Its equilibrium was gone...I had to euthanize it. 
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Mugwump

He's an old timer now....I'm sorry to hear about yours, he was one beautiful angel....I have the 'old' guy with a female, he's happy.... ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

PaulineMi

Glad to hear your plat is happy.  I have a pretty one to replace mine.  It's one from Carol's breeding.

Mugwump

ooooh, you got some snake skins, right?.....sweeeeeet
Jon

Mugwump

Well, they're no longer little guys....most are a good half buck, or bigger....good growth on these  ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on August 20, 2013, 12:47:35 PM
Well, they're no longer little guys....most are a good half buck, or bigger....good growth on these  ;D

Glad they are growing well for you.  Big daddy but mother was medium sized.  I only have a few left from that spawn including 2 albinos but I have about 200 little guys from the same pair and that's after culling a good bunch of them.  They have been free swimming about a week.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Sounds like a need for more birth control....LOL....I've had pairs that I couldn't shut down from spawning.....hell, put them in different tanks and they still spawned somehow....LOL
Jon

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.