• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 09:24:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 930
  • Online ever: 930
  • (Today at 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 765
Total: 765

Stormy Thursday coffee==>

Started by Mugwump, October 06, 2016, 05:31:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....coffee's very good this morn'n....woke up to boomers and rain....it'll be around til this afternoon... huh

..a few early errands, then putz'n in the fish room....maybe a nap in there too... |^|

..just started Pot #2.....cool rainy morn'n, good hot coffee, I'll let the motor start when it wants to.....LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Yes coffee is indeed very good. Pretty nice right now with temps at 58 going up to 73. No rain in the forecast yet. Will get some by Saturday PM.

Lots to do today. Need to putz and do water changes because I am going away tomorrow for an over night trip to DC. It should be okay because it looks like the hurricane will still be down in the southeast.

Will be back early Saturday, ahead of the inclement weather projected for the afternoon. That weather will be coming from the midwest.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

We're looking forward to the nice cool, dry, sunny weekend here....a good time to finish up the outside chores...I need to trim a tall bush by the corner of the house...and check/clean the gutters...might mulch the front yard again....all this rain is bringing down some more leaves...
Jon

wsantia1

I've got three out control ornamental rose bushes (the cheap ones) that are out of control in front. I am going to chop them down within the next week. I can't wait on this HOA anymore. huh
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 06, 2016, 07:27:46 AM
I've got three out control ornamental rose bushes (the cheap ones) that are out of control in front. I am going to chop them down within the next week. I can't wait on this HOA anymore. huh

+1.... |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Water changes done. Incoming tap water TDS was 82. It's been a while since it's been that low. Now to run some errands down in Dover.
Willie

Ron Sower

...coffee was yummers this morning...Just took care of some bills and more address changes (geesh there are a lot of them!)...it'll be nice again today upt to high 80s, then tomorrow high 90s...we're really taking to the small desert town lifestyle....

Going to move the storage trailer off my adjacent lot over to the trailer lot today...gotta fix a tire again on the old golf cart...people around here swear by some kind of tire slime...Dean has some and will fix me up....

...I think I'll start removing the rails from the deck where we'll build out to later if I feel like it...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I payed bills today, too.  Business has been in the dumpster for over a month, but I got 'em all payed.

It's been dry as a bone here for a long time.  We had one fine rain a few weeks ago but we had been dry for a long time before that, too.  The grass is chrisp. We're under a no burn advisery.  My temp is still in the 90's but my house is shaded, well insulated, and is good at staying cool.  It's 81 inside right now.  The thermostat inside say's it's 81 in the house.  I don't feel the need for AC until it hits 82.  I haven't had to turn on the AC for two or 3 weeks.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

..this is prime no AC/No heat weather for us.....it won't last but a couple months, but it's nice to walk past the elec meter and not see it spinning like a gyroscope..... |^|
Jon

GraphicGr8s

There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on October 06, 2016, 10:15:27 PM
Wanna compare storms?

...NO SIR !...you can keep them .....

I hope that you and the family are safe....it's a beaut'....
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Mugwump on October 07, 2016, 06:45:34 AM
Quote from: GraphicGr8s on October 06, 2016, 10:15:27 PM
Wanna compare storms?

...NO SIR !...you can keep them .....

I hope that you and the family are safe....it's a beaut'....

In reality it's not much. Some rain. A bit of wind. Now the east coast is a different story but us on the west coast of the east coast of North America are doing pretty good. I'm at work today. It will be quiet though. Schools are closed as are most government offices.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

...Yeah, the east coast is taking a beating....hopefully it'll wind down sooner than the predict...

..glad that you're all doing ok.. |^|
Jon