• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 09:52:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,351
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 742
Total: 742

Catch Up Sunday

Started by wsantia1, August 28, 2022, 10:00:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Hopefully you are all well. Today I am spending most of my day in the fishroom catching up on any tank maintenance that I put on hold over the past week. I did do my water changes as scheduled but tank wipe downs and necessary sponge squeezing was neglected. Thankfully this neglectful behavior did not result in any fish losses.

On the weather front it is currently 79 degrees and going up to 86F this afternoon. There is only a 10% chance of rain so when I get things situated in the fishroom I will go outside and water everything that is dry.

That's all for me at this time. See you all later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good morning, Willie.  Glad you're feeling back to normal.

It's a beautiful sunny Sunday here.  Seems like forever since I've been able to say that.  My bed sheets are in the wash and I'm looking forward to being able to dry them outside.

I feel more back to normal today.  Even at my best I can't do much.  It's frustrating.  Getting the gravel out of the 125 made me worthless for the next two days.  This is unacceptable.  My appointment for the pain doctor isn't until the 12th of next month.  I'm sure that when I tell him my situation he will give me stronger drugs. 

I posted an auction for Pitch Blacks yesterday and it sold the same day.  I can't ship until Wednesday because my holding tanks are full until I send fish out Monday.  The guy who bought the auction is trying to decide between 2 or 3 pairs.  Since he has time to decide I put up another auction for them today.  I don't know why I worry.  These fish sell easily.

UPS is another story.  I sent an auction overnight on Thursday.  I told the guy that they might be a day late.  Finally, Saturday the fish were the truck for delivery.  They rode around in the truck all day long and were never delivered.  They will probably show up Monday, if ever, dead.  UPS blames the situation in Ukraine which is bull shit.

I have 3 boxes going out tomorrow and one on Tuesday 2 day.  Thinking about the possible outcome makes me sick to my stomach.

I'm still having to take it somewhat easy today.  In addition to the laundry, I'm sweeping floors.  You cannot imagine the state of this place having had the dogs track in so much crap on their paws during this long spell of rain.  I do one room, sit down for a bit, and do another room.  3 rooms and the hall have swept floors now.  Later I want to make more boxes.

Barb, are you OK?  Ron, you're a dynamo.  You put me to shame.

Time to sweep the kitchen.  I'll check in later.  Be well and be happy, friends.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Good to see you two up and at 'em today...! I'll bet Barb will pop in soon...

I don't know about being a dynamo, Liz...I just move along slow and steady-like...if I'm moving I know I'm not dead,!, :D :D :D.

Today I hope to fill the fellow's 75g and let it sit for a day and check for leaks...if no leaks by tomorrow I will drain it and clean it up and let him know it's ready for pickup on Tuesday...if it leaks I'll strip the silicone again and let him know it will be another week...

I'll also be working on securing a venue for our September 11 swap meet today...that's the hardest part about the swaps..getting a reasonable indoor venue in the summer months...November's swap will be a breeze...

Liz, how hard or involved is it to sell on aquabid?...maybe I should look into it...do you use cold packs in the summer?..I know you use heat packs in the winter...do they take a percentage of the sale?...

It's 10am so time to get started...y'all have a good day, now!...ya hear?

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Ron, AB is free and easy to use.  They request a 3% donation for every auction sold.  All my fish are warm water tropicals.  They can take high temps so I never use cold packs.

I'm done sweeping except for the grooming room where I'll make a mess when I cut Styrofoam later.  I've had lunch and need to lie down for an hour now.

Barb

Hi everybody, I got home a couple hours ago from my trip to visit daughter and son in law and grand dog in their new  home, they just moved in last Sat.  We had a great day, but it was very hot.  I had help loading all her many houseplants into my car here, and they unloaded them, so I did no heavy lifting.  My hip is doing great, have no pain anymore, no more Tylenol. just a bit of stiffness after I sit for awhile. But that goes away when I start walking.  Visited my confused mom a few hrs ago after my trip.  But she is well fed, kept clean and taken good care of, it is all I can ask or hope for now with her.  And I can leave town and know she is cared for, not so for the previous 13 yrs when she lived alone here.

Liz, cancel my order for baby discus.  No way could I stand the worry about UPS killing them   It would devastate me, and you too.  I will get some baby discus from you when I visit sometime, perhaps next Spring, April or May?  You all have a good evening and see you here tomorrow!
Barb

LizStreithorst

Yes, Barb UPS has been a huge PITA this last week.  I don't blame you.  Before you say no for sure, let's see how long this terrible service lasts.  It's never been this way with them before.  I don't know what if anything I'll have for sale come Spring.  My Black Rams are my money makers.  I'll have to devote the majority of my breeding to them.  For now, I have so many baby fish growing out that I have no clue when I'll be breeding anything.