• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 04:11:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 520
Total: 520

Blue Marbles.....

Started by wsantia1, January 30, 2016, 04:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

.....finally spawned. I did not feel like doing water changes but changed my mind at the last minute. While on my knees doing a lower level 55 I looked at an adjacent tank and lo and behold a couple of the Blue Marbles were spawning behind the slate.

I scrambeled to put together a 2.5 so I could pull this spawn out of the 55 grow out tank. Just as I finished setting up the 2.5 I saw my big, bad ass grandma BN hit the slate. I quickly snatched that slate out and was able to set it up in the 2.5.

It is a large spawn and covered almost the whole slate. I will take some pictures soon but right now I have to finish these water changes without an accident. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 30, 2016, 04:48:33 PM
.....finally spawned. I did not feel like doing water changes but changed my mind at the last minute. While on my knees doing a lower level 55 I looked at an adjacent tank and lo and behold a couple of the Blue Marbles were spawning behind the slate.

I scrambeled to put together a 2.5 so I could pull this spawn out of the 55 grow out tank. Just as I finished setting up the 2.5 I saw my big, bad ass grandma BN hit the slate. I quickly snatched that slate out and was able to set it up in the 2.5.

It is a large spawn and covered almost the whole slate. I will take some pictures soon but right now I have to finish these water changes without an accident. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

...very, very nice  |^|....let's hope for a good hatch out rate................................because some of those have my name on them....LOL...1st dibs.. |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 30, 2016, 04:54:30 PM

...very, very nice  |^|....let's hope for a good hatch out rate................................because some of those have my name on them....LOL...1st dibs.. |^|

Absolutely. |^| |^| |^| This is not my #1 pair. #1 pair is cleaning as I type this lol. Watewr must be good today because everybody is trying to get some action tonight. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 30, 2016, 05:00:53 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 30, 2016, 04:54:30 PM

...very, very nice  |^|....let's hope for a good hatch out rate................................because of those have my name on them....LOL...1st dibs.. |^|

Absolutely. |^| |^| |^| This is not my #1 pair. #1 pair is cleaning as I type this lol. Watewr must be good today because everybody is trying to get some action tonight. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

...LOL....yeppers, here too....just yanked two..and two more cleaning..........yikes!!!!!!
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Most of these turned white but that's because they spawned on the backside of the slate. I am looking for a new home for them. Actually I think I have it. Just need to add filtration to it. It's a 20H that I am using as a reservoir to hold water for my Altum water changes. I have a bottom tank I can use for that. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| Thing keep changing around here. mim mim mim
Willie

LizStreithorst

Willie, it seems like every time you post you are setting up a another tank.  I don't think that you will ever run out of room for more tanks.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 31, 2016, 05:21:12 PM
Willie, it seems like every time you post you are setting up a another tank.  I don't think that you will ever run out of room for more tanks.

lol. I set these tanks up about two weeks ago. I am just going to put them to better use. lol BTW our pair just laid another full slate of eggs. Each time they get closer. The last time they kept the eggs until just before wigglers. It's a good thing I don't need those spawns right now. mim
Willie

BallAquatics

I just picked up a bag at Wal-Mart...

Dennis

Mugwump

Jon

wsantia1

Willie

LizStreithorst

Bet you a nickle they'd spawn for Jon.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 31, 2016, 06:30:00 PM
Bet you a nickle they'd spawn for Jon.

LOL...not sure....I'm not sure that I saw a female in there.... huh
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on January 31, 2016, 06:27:13 PM
...they spawn yet?... w!w

No, not yet.....  To be honest, I haven't seen much activity at all from them.   ;)

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on February 01, 2016, 06:54:59 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 31, 2016, 06:27:13 PM
...they spawn yet?... w!w

No, not yet.....  To be honest, I haven't seen much activity at all from them.   ;)

Dennis

LOL.......... |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Waiting for take off from this spawn. Some are darting around. From the way the wigglers look it appears like there will be a fair amount of culls. huh

Some are looking like little balls with a body and no tails. I think there will still be a fair amount of free swimmers though. :o
Willie