• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 11:53:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 663
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 630
Total: 630

HB fry pt deux

Started by Mugwump, September 29, 2014, 12:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Looks like the mutiny is on... ;D....a bunch are up and the rest will be in a couple hours....
...folks, that's a lot of fry..... ;D....a whole lot of fry.....LOL..only had about a dozen whities total..and no casualties...very viable pair.....sweeeeeeeet 8)

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Holy Moly!  You will have a few to select from, won't you ;D
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 29, 2014, 12:29:46 PM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 'tickled pink'  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

And if you want to introduce Zebra which is dominant, you'll get some from the other cross.  This is so exciting.  I've never before had the chance to watch someone take my stock and do things with them.  I've always been The Lone Breeder ;D

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on September 29, 2014, 12:30:51 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 29, 2014, 12:29:46 PM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 'tickled pink'  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Wow! They are looking real good and appear to be pretty large.  Good luck with them!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Thanks Willie, Liz....yes, they are very, very nice sized....the spawn was late last Tuesday....so 5+ days from laid to free swimming....sweet...

wonder how'll they do if I really bulk em up.......wow!
Jon

LizStreithorst

They'd better turn out good.   The fry will have the best care.  The pair comes from me.  They disappointed me when it came to parent raising.  They'd better not disappoint me when it comes to producing quality.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 29, 2014, 01:10:04 PM
They'd better turn out good.   The fry will have the best care.  The pair comes from me.  They disappointed me when it came to parent raising.  They'd better not disappoint me when it comes to producing quality.

LOL...I'll give them your message.  8)
Jon

LizStreithorst

If they betray you, you know where the buck stops.  I am invested in these fish.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 29, 2014, 01:50:52 PM
If they betray you, you know where the buck stops.  I am invested in these fish.

I'll be sure and let em know.............LOL...
Jon

Mugwump

..well, I'm going to need a lot of bbs.... ;D....plus these aren't the only babies in town....LOL

in case your wondering, I've discovered that with my camera, I can reduce glare, and stand back a bit from the tank,,if I film through a magnifying glass....the 'zoom' feature makes vids blurry and dull...this works pretty good... ;D....you'll see the difference at the end, when it gets brighter...

Jon

Mugwump

...they eat like piranha... ;D.....ya really gotta watch your fingers...LOL....for young fry, hitting my fingertip that has some microworms on it is awesome....dang......now if I can coax Ralph/Alice into raising a spawn, it'll be euphoria .. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D....
Jon

JC

LizStreithorst

Do I dare ask who Ralph and Alice are other than the Kramden's?

Mugwump

Quote from: JC on September 30, 2014, 03:54:38 PM
That is a TON of fry

LOL...actually looks like even more in person... ;D..yep, it's a bunch.. ;D

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 30, 2014, 03:58:03 PM
Do I dare ask who Ralph and Alice are other than the Kramden's?

The fry parents..... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon