• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 05:56:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 521
Total: 521

Any updates on angels?...

Started by Mugwump, March 22, 2014, 09:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..here we have Koi/Sunset fry ready to be moved, some plat fry growing nicely...and some fry from a black pair that'll likely get to grow out with the Koi/Sunset fry.....BN fry all over the place too... ;D...std, LF, albino, blue eyed, etc.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

You're rocking! ....Or at least your fish are!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

P4Angels

3 batches in hatch jars (1 free swimming); 3 in the food safe container bubbling away and almost read to move to jars

Discus pair went again last night....  Koi are picking and DD have raised another batch...
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

P4Angels

Okay now the second jar is full of free swimmers... This is the batch of Albino's  ;)   {MORE TANKS LORI}Oo. 8)   
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

P4Angels2

EdKaz

Got lots going on here too.....

JUST pulled the 200 or so week and a half old fry from the "HE" pair (From Mugwumps HOHA )  Thursday.....they laid a HUGE batch again this morning.

I Have a NICE batch of 2 week old Koi fry (Newly paired Parents from Mugwumps HOHA also). They're growing like weeds and eating like PIGS.  Im going to move then from their 2 1/2 Gal tank in the next couple days. I initially left half with the parents and took the  other half to raise separately..."just in case". But That pair looks like it will parent raise nicely.

I have a smaller second batch of 50-75 or so Koi (newly paired parents also from MHOHA). Took half of these eggs initially as well..screwed SOMETHING UP in the hatching tank, otherwise this too would have been a LARGE 'first spawn" that the parents would have raised nicely.

I have a third pair of Koi that laid a week ago last Sunday. Left the eggs with the parents....something went funky and only had a few that went to wigglers.....cleaned out the mess last week and they laid again Wed. That pair is also going to make for great parent raisers and are moving their wigglers around the tank. Kinda funny looking in their tank.......one minute Im all smiles thinking awesome theyre going to be ok.......Look in the tank later and the wigglers are gone from where they last were and Im thinking DAMN THEM........look REAL HARD and the smile returns having found the wigglers all now dangling from a plastic plant like grapes on a vine.

I have Another Koi in a 55 with 3 other adults......poor girl.....laid a bunch Thursday and no one would help her out......she would go chase one fish away and the others would sneak in and gobble up a few eggs at a time. Despite all the eggs having been eaten by Fri Morning....she is STILL guarding the EMPTY slate........Need to find her a good man.

Also have a smallish batch  of  fry (100 or so)from a  of Pinnoy Zebra/ Blue Smokey Pariba pair. That pair did OK with the wigglers up until day 6 when I decided not to chance a free swimming feast and pulled them and stuck em in a 2 1/2 where they are doing great, and will have to move them soon too. They too laid again Wed, and I have a ton of wigglers in with mom and dad.

The DISAPOINTING pair, is the pair of  Pinnoy Smokeys. They laid 2 weeks ago while I was out....Pulled em and got NOTHING from that batch. She laid again Thursday and I was around to watch her lay....and try EVERYTHING to get him to go over and fertilize the eggs. He is definitely a "HE" by the looks of his well exposed tool......but had NO INTEREST in using the damn thing for whatever reason. >:(
She would lay a few rows, than go over to him like as if to tell him "cmon"...head for the slate and look back....and try to go get him to do his part again......head back to the slate and he would come over and watch her lay another couple rows of eggs...........and swim away ::) ::) ::)

Of the 6 "confirmed" pairs I have here, 5 it appears WILL parent raise. The one that hasnt, is the Pinnoy Smokey pair with the playing hard to get male, who Ill give one last chance to.....If he plays hard to get again......than its divorce and partner swapping time.

Still waiting on the clown het pb pair to do SOMETHING, as well as a Blue smokey Leopard and a MHOHA  "HE" fish I stuck together.....

Been a BUSY past couple weeks getting things set back up again here.....but its starting to settle in a bit and Im beginning to ENJOY, rather than running around trying to get 200 things done in a few days, and tripping over everything in the process.

Cant wait to see what grows out and comes outta these fish

wsantia1

Well due to tank size restrictions (50 gallons) in my new lease I'm afraid I will have to downsize a bit.  >:( >:( >:( I will probably have de-emphasize the angels for a while.  :( :( :( I will probably focus on the BNs and see if I can get some Cories going too.  ;D ;D ;D

I will still do angels but I will probably need to move any youngsters I breed when they are no larger than nickels. In the meantime I'll make do with the ones that I have and a small young group that I'll see in my near future. LOL  ;D ;D ;D

I have about 500 gallons of capacity with my largest tank being a 75. (I may sell that).  I could set up two 55s that I have but they can't be top and bottom so there goes the wall space, but I will probably start off with one 55, a 46 bowfront, a 40 breeder and two 29s.

I hate to do it but I can't see myself buying my own place at this time. It's just too soon and I need to see more of this place. Maybe after I look around a bit I'll change my mind about a house.  8) 8) 8)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

b125killer

I think I got my water good. The tds is around 150ppm. Koi pair #2 spawned along with the St Isabel / Rio Negro pair. The koi did good at first. They where tending like they should but when I checked on them this morning there where no eggs. The St Isabel / Rio Negro didn't do that great they ate there eggs the next day. I didn't see too many bad eggs this time. They also seem to be getting back into a rhythm. There last spawn was 11 days ago.  I'm going to pull the next spawn. I want to confirm that the water is ok.
Scott

wsantia1

It sounds like you're back on track.  Good to hear! ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I have 4 batches of home bred parent raised going from a week old to 4 months old.  The 4 month old expressing hb's are big.  They look to be right around the corner from breeding age.   It's time to select the best to keep as potential breeders.  I've found it easiest way to select is to remove the ones what don't quite meet my standards first.  The fewer fish in the tank I'm selecting from the easier it comes the more closely I can compare them.  As I narrow it down, the best become obvious.  There are never enough best ones so I end up having to choose among ones that are not the best but are good.  It's hard, but it's fun.
Always move forward. Never look back.

JR

I have about 3 dozen Pearl Gourami 3 weeks old and doing well. My Panda cory laid yesterday pulled the parents. Hoping they do well.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day