• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 04:07:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 525
Total: 525

What about these fish?

Started by LizStreithorst, January 07, 2017, 08:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

They came from a spawn of Blue Marbles. There were only 5 with those big spots and blotches on their bodies.  These are the 3 best.  I've been trying to get a good pic of them for 3 days and this is the best I can do.  I put them in tea water after WC this morning so the water has that brownie/red color. 

Their black blotches come and go at different times.  Sometimes you don't know that their there, sometimes they get black as coal.  They all color up at different times so I don't think it's an environmental thing.

I know that they're blue and they're PS's.  What I need to know if it is worth trying to breed for those big spots and splotches if if it's a waste of time.  If the project is worth pursuing what are they called and where can I buy some that are the same but not PS's?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

::)

Mugwump

...pretty angels.....blue clowns....S/Z pb/pb 
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Will the produce more of the same?

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 08, 2017, 08:03:47 AM
Will the produce more of the same?

25.0%   S/S - pb/pb - p/p - Paraiba Pearlscale
25.0%   Z/Z - pb/pb - p/p - Blue Zebra(dd) Pearlscale
50.0%   S/Z - pb/pb - p/p - Blue Clown Pearlscale
Jon

LizStreithorst

waterboy

Nice looking fish.  Especially that last one.  I agree, blue clowns.  Breed them for the Paraiba.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

They all look pretty much like the last one.  It was just hard getting pics of them because of the tea in the water and the fact that their big spots come and go.  The last one actually wasn't fully colored up in the pic.  You can tell that there more spots is you look closely.

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

They are beauties Liz!  I want some Blue pearlscale clowns eventually.
Barb

LizStreithorst

They're getting close to breeding age, Barb.  I'll let you know when they get down to business.

Barb

Great!  I want a few to put into my discus tank, maybe they will help the discus get over their awful fears.  I will want 4-6.
Barb

LizStreithorst

They'll have to spawn first.  Then the kids will have to grow to medium size before I can spot the ones with the pattern we both like.  Hope you can be patient.

Ron Sower

okay...time for me to jump in and ask....

...Will someone post the descriptions of each of the angel strains you chat about here...please?  or post a link I can go to?  I'm not interested at this point about the genetic crossing matches...As I get closer to get the new tank and stocking it, I'm getting serious about angels....However, currently I don't have space to rear fry....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron