• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 03:49:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 836
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 784
Total: 784

Post Rainy Hump Day

Started by wsantia1, September 30, 2020, 06:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. The rain have finally stopped and the clouds will be moving out soon. It will be sunny but very breezy as the day goes by. It is currently 56 degrees and it's supposed to get up to 69. No shorts for me today.

More fishroom work for me today. I have to free up a few of my smaller tanks and I have to figure out where I am going to put a couple of Koi Angels that I rescued from a person that I sold them to.

They couldn't take care of them properly and the fish were beating each other up. I separated them into their own tanks and will try to heal them up.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...Willie...the fish whisperer!...hope you can get them back to good health... |^|

...temps at 101 again...

...not much planned today...going to look at a door offered on Marketplace...WC on the Cichlid tank...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

So far it's been another "do what I feel like" day.  I'm sad to say that the humming birds are almost all gone for the year.  They were migrating through in numbers that I'd never seen before and all of a sudden most of them took off for their winter homes.

My "see close" glasses are ready.  I'll pick them up tomorrow.  I'm sick of using cheap plastic glasses from the dollar store for grooming and reading.  Since I can't get comfortable with bifocals like every other human being on earth I have to have 2 different pairs of glasses.  One that make things smaller so I can see far and the others that make things larger so I can see close.  What I really need is to wear my see far ones all the time and then keep the see close ones in a string around my neck like some old ladies used to do.  I swore I'd never have glasses on a string like an old lady...

I trimmed a bunch of Marijuana buds from what I have hanging to dry.  So far I have 3 quart jars of closely trimmed buds.  I'm going have to buy canning jars because what's left to trim and store is way more than I've already done.  Did y'all know that pot shouldn't be stored in plastic containers.  The resins in the pot break down the plastic and you end up smoking it.  Who knew...

I finally caught all the remaining remaining baby red Platy's that were picking on my Sterbai to the point that they apparently killed two of them.  I moved them to the Rainbow fish tank.  If they're large enough and wary enough to escape the jaws of the Rainbow's when they get old enough to breed they will be a good source of food for the Rainbows.

I went searching for the eggs that I think my hens must be hiding for me.  I went back to my old barn where in a previous life I spent all my time.  It feels almost like it's haunted now.  My life totally different from what it once was.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 30, 2020, 02:04:15 PM
So far it's been another "do what I feel like" day.  I'm sad to say that the humming birds are almost all gone for the year.  They were migrating through in numbers that I'd never seen before and all of a sudden most of them took off for their winter homes.

My "see close" glasses are ready.  I'll pick them up tomorrow.  I'm sick of using cheap plastic glasses from the dollar store for grooming and reading.  Since I can't get comfortable with bifocals like every other human being on earth I have to have 2 different pairs of glasses.  One that make things smaller so I can see far and the others that make things larger so I can see close.  What I really need is to wear my see far ones all the time and then keep the see close ones in a string around my neck like some old ladies used to do.  I swore I'd never have glasses on a string like an old lady...

I trimmed a bunch of Marijuana buds from what I have hanging to dry.  So far I have 3 quart jars of closely trimmed buds.  I'm going have to buy canning jars because what's left to trim and store is way more than I've already done.  Did y'all know that pot shouldn't be stored in plastic containers.  The resins in the pot break down the plastic and you end up smoking it.  Who knew...

I finally caught all the remaining remaining baby red Platy's that were picking on my Sterbai to the point that they apparently killed two of them.  I moved them to the Rainbow fish tank.  If they're large enough and wary enough to escape the jaws of the Rainbow's when they get old enough to breed they will be a good source of food for the Rainbows.

I went searching for the eggs that I think my hens must be hiding for me.  I went back to my old barn where in a previous life I spent all my time.  It feels almost like it's haunted now.  My life totally different from what it once was.
...so true for all of us...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron