• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 01:55:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 597
Total: 597

Gale's pallet class

Started by Rjb3, May 04, 2017, 06:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rjb3

So, last year, Burlington Garden Center asks Gale to teach her pallet class at their shop. After the class, they bought ten empty pallets. We get $10 for the empty ones but sold them to the garden center for $6. They say "Let's have another one in the spring". Low and behold, there it is on their web site. Pallet class, May 18th. The thing is Gale wasn't asked to teach it. They know we created that class and we make the pallets in house. They called today. It seems they need pallets for their class. Gale agrees to sell them pallets. Now I've got smoke coming out of my ears and think they should pay $10 each like anyone else. Am I being a hard nose or what?

LizStreithorst

You should charge the full $10.  They're not doing you any favors why should you do them one?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on May 04, 2017, 06:11:53 PM
So, last year, Burlington Garden Center asks Gale to teach her pallet class at their shop. After the class, they bought ten empty pallets. We get $10 for the empty ones but sold them to the garden center for $6. They say "Let's have another one in the spring". Low and behold, there it is on their web site. Pallet class, May 18th. The thing is Gale wasn't asked to teach it. They know we created that class and we make the pallets in house. They called today. It seems they need pallets for their class. Gale agrees to sell them pallets. Now I've got smoke coming out of my ears and think they should pay $10 each like anyone else. Am I being a hard nose or what?

....wood burn Gale's name on the pallets...........tell 'em it's a freak'n logo.... ;)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

I agree, $10.  What does Gale do with the pallets in her class?  Around here I have seen them painted like the American flag.
Barb

Rjb3

Gale's feelings were hurt because they asked her last fall to teach another one in the spring. Originally, I didn't want to sell them any. So they pay their employee $8 and hour to teach Gale's class. Cheapskates. We sent people to them thinking Gale would teach. I hope some of the ask "Where's Gale?"

Gale wants to rush over there tomorrow with them. I say wait until the 18th, get there right before the class starts at just about 6:30, and then tell them the price went up. Those will be the last pieces we ever sell them.

Rjb3

Quote from: Barb on May 04, 2017, 06:27:12 PM
I agree, $10.  What does Gale do with the pallets in her class?  Around here I have seen them painted like the American flag.
Barb

I make the pallets. They are 8"X8" painted and assembled. For the class you get : a pallet, a one gallon bag of the plant growing material that Gale and I mix, and a bunch of succulents. Then, Gale goes through the process step by step. Each person takes home the pallet garden they made. Pics. are on her Etsy store at Gerrysgarden-Etsy.

https://img0.etsystatic.com/160/1/11625917/il_570xN.1188307878_rp79.jpg

https://img1.etsystatic.com/147/1/11625917/il_570xN.1235545693_gyo2.jpg

Rjb3

Quote from: Mugwump on May 04, 2017, 06:26:47 PM
Quote from: Rjb3 on May 04, 2017, 06:11:53 PM

....wood burn Gale's name on the pallets...........tell 'em it's a freak'n logo.... ;)

LOL  I already thought of that. I think it's a great idea.

Tony44

Very nice but that is the American way want you to teach  someone else then get rid of you and call when they need something (no hard feelings right) for the 80 bucks I would tell them you will bring pallets then don't show up and have a pallet class at your garage and put fliers up at store
(????????????-um) and you can sell pics with your new dog to
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

Rjb3

Gale has decided to sell them the pallets one last time and tell them we're not going to shop there or bring our friends there or refer them to anyone anymore. Cheapskates. She won't listen to me about charging $10 each. She's a way better person than I am.

Thank you all for listening and for your support.

Rjb3

So, we go over to the garden center to drop off six pallets. I plopped them on the counter and told Gale I'd wait in the car. The owner says she wanted twelve pallets. We carry extra so I get her six more. Then, sh decides she only needs eight. A few minutes later Gale comes out. She's teaching the class on the 18th. Gale said she asked the lady if she did something wrong and she said no. Then, she says "What are you doing on the 18th?" I guess she didn't think she hurt Gale's feelings by cutting her out of the deal.

On the way home we stopped at a restaurant and booked a pallet class for ten because the person saw our lettered truck outside and wondered what the classes were. The $125 we paid to letter the van has paid for itself several times over.

LizStreithorst

That was the long round about way to get you what it should have been in the first place.

Mugwump

..Holy clueless nursery owner Batman..... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I wish I could have heard what Gale said.

Rjb3

I'm glad I was waiting in the car. I would not have been diplomatic.