• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 11:51:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 590
Total: 590

Friday even'n chow,,,

Started by Mugwump, May 19, 2017, 04:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...BLT's......chips, whatever..... |eat|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

a poblano pepper stuffed with chorizo with a cheese sauce, mexican rice and refried beans.
Always move forward. Never look back.

waterboy

Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 19, 2017, 04:09:59 PM
a poblano pepper stuffed with chorizo with a cheese sauce, mexican rice and refried beans.

...MMMMmmmm...wanna trade?..... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 19, 2017, 04:09:59 PM

Ya know, this really sounds good. Wouldn't go good with this screaming sore throat I'm dealing with, but still sounds good.

LizStreithorst

It wasn't hard to make.

Char, sweat, and peal the pepper. 
cut a slit in it  the pepper and remove the seeds and veins.
Brown chorizo in a skillet until cooked through
Stuff pepper with a combination of chorizo and shredded mozzarella
Put on a cookie sheet, top with more mozzarella and a bit of cheddar  and bake at 400 until cheese is melted (check it at 15 minutes)

I used canned re fried beans, just doctored them up a bit

For the rice, I cooked some onion in oil for just a bit, and then stirred in the rice.  When the rice had browned I added a 2 to 1 ratio of chicken stock and salsa.
Bring to boil, cove, and reduce heat to a low simmer.  It's ready in 20 minutes.

Hope you feel better enough to try it soon, my Captain.
Always move forward. Never look back.