• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 21, 2024, 05:58:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,359
  • Total Topics: 18,544
  • Online today: 782
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 740
Total: 740

Moved the kids and have plans fro their old tank

Started by LizStreithorst, January 26, 2014, 01:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

The kids are in a 100 gallon now.  There are only 30 of them between quarter and half dollar.   I moved them from a 60 to a 100.  When the water gets to the correct temp and stays there I will move a Discus pair to the empty 60 gallon.  I'll get mostly crap from this Discus pairing (White Pigeon male to an F1 Curpeau female) but they are my 2 best quality Discus and are a pair.  If they raise a spawn I'm hoping to get a couple of Turks.  We shall see.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Boy, they'll be in heaven and grow really good in that larger tank....cool.....good luck with discus pair ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I've never seen them so happy and beautiful.  I think I'll move the "also ran's" into a 100 today.  I've changed my mind about the Discus pair.  Too little chance of joy with that cross.  I'm going to put Mug's 5 Koi into the 60 gallon.  They have spawned in the community tank a few times and have guarded the eggs well until they turned white from the hard water, but I didn't pay attention to which ones did the spawning.  I'll have a much better chance of joy with these.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Yep, there's a very good chance that they'll parent raise too.....good plan ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson