• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 03:46:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,345
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 798
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 759
Total: 760

Holidays coming up.....

Started by Mugwump, November 08, 2015, 09:17:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...anyone got anything special planned ?.....

We'll probably go to one of the son's houses for Thanksgiving...??....or then again, possibly just cook a bird here and visit later ???....

..seems like the Xmas decorations in town, and the big store's changes in merchandise, are getting earlier each year..??...soon we'll go right from Labor Day to Christmas....geesh....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on November 08, 2015, 09:17:19 AM

We'll probably go to one of the son's houses for Thanksgiving...??....or then again, possibly just cook a bird here and visit later ???....

..seems like the Xmas decorations in town, and the big store's changes in merchandise, are getting earlier each year..??...soon we'll go right from Labor Day to Christmas....geesh....

I am not ready for either. For Thanksgiving I have three choices (DC, NJ, NYC) or I can just stay home and cook. I haven't decided yet. huh Christmas hurts my bank account so.................. ::)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 08, 2015, 10:45:50 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on November 08, 2015, 09:17:19 AM

I am not ready for either. For Thanksgiving I have three choices (DC, NJ, NYC) or I can just stay home and cook. I haven't decided yet. huh Christmas hurts my bank account so.................. ::)

We've found that gift cards work good for some gifts.....older g'kids especially enjoy them to just grab whatever 'they' want......same works well for the boys and wives.....Appleby's...Red Lobster...yada yada....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

One of my nice customers always gives me a gift card to her nephew's catfish restaurant.  Another gives me a big one for Walmart.  I give both to my favorite cashier at my local supermarket.  They mean something to her.  I prefer it when my customers give me money.  I don't give gifts at Christmas.  I give gifts during the year to people I like.  There is too much pressure at Christmas to buy gifts.  It's a chore, not a joy.  How's that for the Christmas spirit for you? :-[

At Thanksgiving I'll sometimes cook something special, sometimes not.  I generally don't cook anything special for Christmas.  For both holidays I enjoy a day off work in the middle of the week.  They have made it so that most holidays fall on a Monday which is my normal day off.  They do me no good.  Thanksgiving and Christmas are always a treat because I can do as I choose.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

We may, or may not, be going to #1 son's house this year??...seems they may travel for Thanksgiving dinner?  That's ok, we'll cook a bird here with all the trimmings....mmmwwaahaaha.....and no sharing leftovers....he he he he.... =;-)  |^|
Jon

BallAquatics

I've got mine tucked away in the freezer already.....

Dennis

Mugwump

...naw...grab a nice turkey breast, box of stuffing, can of turkey gravy, can of green beans....an easy fix...you'll have leftovers for turkey sandwiches |^|
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Going down to the Salvation Army to get a free meal.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were