• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 07:56:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,344
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 767
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 748
Total: 749

Rain, glorious rain

Started by LizStreithorst, October 26, 2015, 03:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

It was slow getting here but it has arrived.  I adore every drop.  I knew that it had been a long time since we had rain,
but I heard on my local NPR affiliate this morning that this drought set records here!  They have named it the 100 day drought.  (not in the class as California, but still impressive).  I know a got one half way decent rain in those 100 days).

It has been a good rain.  Started out as tiny droplets and changed to gentle showers before the big stuff came thing during last night.  Right now it's back to showers of different intensity and occasional spells of guest of wind.  It's all thanks to that hurricane that hit Mexico which was really scary looking but didn't do nearly the damage feared.

I had to go to the laundromat to dry the clothes but I don't care.  I really must buy another dryer, though.  Winter is coming and even when the weather is good it takes 3 days for my dog towels to dry.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Good for you......glad it finally arrived.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson