• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 03:48:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 707
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 604
Total: 604

Tuesday coffee

Started by Mugwump, November 22, 2016, 06:38:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..morn'n all......the coffee's great here ....MMMmmmm....another cold morn'n....rain later on...

...we both slept late.....a really good nights sleep.... |^|   

Putz'n and prepping for Thursday when we'll have family over for dinner.....it'll be a fun day.. ;D

..it'll be the first turkey day here in a few years, or so....#1 son's family usually hosts the day...

..well..I need more coffee,,,, |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

I'm getting another cup. BRB

Mugwump

...last time we bought coffee we found that Maxwell House is putting out a 2lb 10.5oz coffee can.....nice..and cheaper than 2 regular cans.. |^|..first time that we've seen them around here....

MMMmmmm...the coffee is really good this morn'n...MMmmm                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

We buy the Keurig cups in all different flavors and use them until they get weak. Not just one cup at a time. Yup, I cheat. It also has a gadget/mesh basket to use fresh grounds. We do that sometimes, too.

wsantia1

Coffee is great here too. Still cold and windy outside although the the is shining bright today. The weather folks really blew it with this wind. It was supposed to calm down on Saturday afternoon. Now it is Tuesday and the wind gust are still over 30 MPH. Ever notice that they never acknowledge when they are wrong but are always patting themselves on the back when they are right? huh

Putzing and cleaning today but I also have to get out and buy a decent Winter jacket. The ones I have are looking weathered. wfwf wfwf wfwf
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Morning all.  Another cool and crisp morning here.  Christmas cactus ahead of schedule this year.....

Dennis

Mugwump

...very nice....a pretty plant... |^|
Jon

BallAquatics

Thanks Jon.  It got pretty much ignored this time last year, so I think it's enjoying all the extra attention this year.  LOL

Dennis

Ron Sower

...Morning all...wow...! the coffee is especially good today...!!!!

...a little breeze and sunny here this morning....55 at the moment |^|....going to low 70s later....Looks like Sunday is the time it will drop to the 60s and stay there for awhile....gotta get over the storage trailer and get some jackets out!...gotta give in to cooler weather  wfwf :(....BUT, the sun shines here  |^| as opposed to the Seattle area....!

'''we're at a standstill on the room because the drywall finished can't start until Friday...so we're gonna get the permit to put a patio cover over our attached lot, so I'll be taking the pans to the city today for the permit...

...also the bar will be delivered today sometime, so we'll have to clean up the deck and stock the bar with the hooch...we're not heavy drinkers, but we like to have the types of drinks our guests like,,,that also opens the door up to different drinks to try myself!  mim mim mim

...once set up, there will be pics of the "furnished" deck... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wallace

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 22, 2016, 07:19:27 AM
Coffee is great here too. Still cold and windy outside although the the is shining bright today. The weather folks really blew it with this wind. It was supposed to calm down on Saturday afternoon. Now it is Tuesday and the wind gust are still over 30 MPH. Ever notice that they never acknowledge when they are wrong but are always patting themselves on the back when they are right? huh

Putzing and cleaning today but I also have to get out and buy a decent Winter jacket. The ones I have are looking weathered. wfwf wfwf wfwf

I have noticed that too, its like a bad forecast never happened. huh

I've got some fish coming today, and UPS always blames a delay on severe weather that doesn't exist. Just got this email:

"Severe weather conditions have delayed delivery. / Your shipment is scheduled to arrive today after the delivery commitment time."

It doesn't matter as long as it gets here today some time. The package went right over my head during the night, going from Portland down to LA. Then the fish went back north and switched planes at Mather AFB near Sacramento and took off going north again.
Dan

wallace

Wetspot is good. They called UPS and got more information about the package than I am getting from the tracking info. UPS didn't get the fish from the airport in time to put the package on the delivery truck. They will get it to the UPS depot at 1:30 and I need to go past the airport into Yreka to pick it up at 2:30... So right now its sitting someplace at the airport, has been since 7:30 this morning, maybe in an unheated hangar... its 38 degrees outside. We shall see. :P
Dan

wsantia1

Quote from: wallace on November 22, 2016, 01:37:02 PM
Wetspot is good. They called UPS and got more information about the package than I am getting from the tracking info. UPS didn't get the fish from the airport in time to put the package on the delivery truck. They will get it to the UPS depot at 1:30 and I need to go past the airport into Yreka to pick it up at 2:30... So right now its sitting someplace at the airport, has been since 7:30 this morning, maybe in an unheated hangar... its 38 degrees outside. We shall see. :P

Wish you luck. I know It's frustrating not knowing.  ???
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

..that would drive me nuts...... 2c2
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: wallace on November 22, 2016, 01:37:02 PM

The Wet Spot is good.  The fish will be fine. 

Shipping is cursed.  Even when everything goes right the stress is overwhelming when the shipment is an important one.  I hate to send and I hate being on the receiving end.
Always move forward. Never look back.