• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 07:39:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 652
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 620
Total: 621

Thursday things

Started by Ron Sower, April 23, 2020, 11:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...Good afternoon guys and gals...where is everyone today?...

...now we're pushing 100 this week...94 today....sunny!

...got a lady coming for 10 of the Krib fry this afternoon...

...gonna play cards today starting at 2...

...before then I have to a few little odds and end things to do

...not much else going on...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

HEY...!  WHERE IS EVERYONE?...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I wondered who was going to start this thread.  We seem to take turns these days.

It rained buckets during the night.  My back got to hurting so bad that I didn't get around to mulch spreading.  I finished the flower garden this morning and will get the rest of it tomorrow.  My back seems to have a life of it's own when it comes to how much it's going to hurt.  Very frustrating...I cooked instead.

When I fed the fish this morning I found another tiny little Rainbow Fish.  I moved some plants from the Rainbow tank too my Mystery snail/snot tank.  This is the 3rd time this has happened to me.  Every time I move plants from the rainbow tank to another peaceful fish's tank end up with one or more baby rainbows that are too small to notice until a month later.  It's kind of cool.  They're all together now in another tank with plants and a few little albino snots.

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to install the upgrade kit on my RO unit.  My unit is put together somewhat differently from the one in the Bulk Reef Supply video.  I've taken a pic that I'll post on Simply.  There's a Ram breeder there who I hope will be kind and help me.

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon everybody. I'm a little late to the party because I got sidetracked. Got up early enough but somehow I wasted time and then had to rush over to Sam's Club to take advantage of senior hours that end at 9 am.

Then I had to feed the fish, do partial WCs on the fry tanks and just generally do9 fish room stuff. By the time I looked at the clock I had to rush to the vet with Kobe so he could get his rabies & distemper shots. I also got two cases of dog food from them. He's in great health for a 10 year old but I need to watch is weight a little.

I'm back now and settling down a bit before I head back to the fish room. I will have to do a bit of dog walking first.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

It's back to raining again.  Oh well, It'll be time for WC in a bit.

Barb

Hi everyone!  Just been busy today.  And we are getting ready for the storm that Liz had last night.  It is supposed  to be here tonight last I heard. Wind and rain.  Again.  Took all morning to water my violets, I have several hundred, all sizes, all in one room, under LED lights on shelves.

Just finished setting up my new little shrimp bubble bowl,  with blue shrimp, gravel, plants on wood, all in rain water.  No filter for now, it is in a bright window and I will let the plants grow and do their thing.  Will do a 50% wc with rain water weekly.  I think it will be nice.  Feeding algae wafers.  How does this sound Liz?  I have a huge bubble bowl to put them into if they do well, later on.  There is one shrimp that is red, tan and clear, what kind is that?  Doesn't look like a Cherry.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Humm...I don't know about the strangely colored shrimp.  If I were you I would net it out and feed it to the Angels.  If is isn't blue, you don't want it's genetics.  I couple of times I moved plants from the red shrimp tank to the blue shrimp tank.  I tried to net out all the red ones and put them back where them back where they belonged.  I hope I didn't leave one in long enough to do the deed and make mixed breeds.

I feed algae wafers, too.  It's a great food for them.

I would also put a tiny sponge filter in the tank as well.  They make sponges good for 5 to 10 gallon tanks.  Otherwise you should have excellent success.  Considering your water parameters it is a good idea.