• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 03:15:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,345
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 798
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 772
Total: 773

Monday again

Started by LizStreithorst, November 06, 2023, 03:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

It turned warm again which was lovely for my cold-hating self.  Still no rain but they say we have a chance of rain later in the week.  God, we need rain.

I went to the dentist this morning at 9. I was supposed to get an impression for the top denture, but since I have shards of bone still wanting to come out but not quite ready to poke through the gum so I can pull them out with tweezers.  He wants to wait to do the impression in January.  That's fine with me since my gums have toughened up enough that I'm able to eat things other than soup.

Then I went to the camera shop for help with the camera that Al on Simply gave me.  The camera store lady couldn't help but I left the camera with her for cleaning.  She will also call the Nikon rep for help with the problem I'm having.  Al said that she was incompetent..that anyone who knew digital cameras should have been able to show me what to do.  But I was stuck, so I had no choice.  I hate it, because I want to enter the contest they're having.  I want to try breeding and raising fry in a 90-gallon tank.  I was planning on taking pics of the pair spawning but I won't get the camera back until Wednesday. By judging how the pair is flirting and pecking at the cone, I expect a spawn either later this afternoon.  That's such a fun part of the process it's a shame to miss it, but I think that I can make a good story about hatching the eggs in a pitcher of straight RO.  When the fry free swim I'll pour them in the tank with the parents.  Most folks don't have to do it this way because they have better water for hatching than I do.  It will be educational.

Then off to the feed store for my hungry old mare.  I spend about as much feeding Charlotte as I do feeding myself.

Now, the day is nearly gone and I still haven't eaten.  Then I'll do WC, give everyone their feeding for the night, feed Charlotte dinner, and get into bed.  The thing about Standard Time is that the day is gone almost as soon as it begins.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hi Liz et al!

I hate to wake up at night without gummies or Tylenol PM. So often I can't fall back to sleep without them. I may do gummies tonight 'cause I want some solid sleep.

Today went by kinda fast and I had cardio this morning and spent more time than I should have to getting my new meds set up for delivery. But I got it done.

My mechanically inclined buddy, Paul, brought my Alita 100 diaphragm back today. I got it from the fishroom takedown we did a few weeks ago. It was disassembled so I ordered the refurbish kit for him to install. I don't know whether to keep it as a backup to my Jehmco or sell it. I'm leaning toward keeping it.

We had a Grillin n Chillin dinner at the clubhouse tonight. Everyone brings their own meat for Several couples to grill, and everyone brings a dish to share. Good time.

I guess that's all tonight.  See you here tomorrow I hope. Goodnight 🌙😴💤
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

remind me what Jehmco pump you bought.  Some are more solid than others.

Ron Sower

LPH60
So quiet and pushes air well! Loving it.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It's one of the best.  The piston sleeve is cast iron.  It will outlive you.  Sell the diaphragm pump nd make a few bucks.

Ron Sower

Sounds good to me!👍🏼
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

I have that same pump and love it. |^|  |^|  |^|  |^|  |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.