• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 18, 2024, 08:39:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 47
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 38
Total: 39

Wednesday.....brrr

Started by Mugwump, January 30, 2019, 07:28:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..hi folks.........everyone ok?.....Dale, Bob, Bob, Greg, Johnny, etal....?

...stay warm and safe...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

If you are hearing a lot of loud cracking or booming noises outdoors, they may be because of this:

A cryoseism, also known as an ice quake or a frost quake, is a seismic event that may be caused by a sudden cracking action in frozen soil or rock saturated with water or ice. As water drains into the ground, it may eventually freeze and expand under colder temperatures, putting stress on its surroundings
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

...56 NOW...71 later...partly sunny...I'll take it...!

...I really hope none of you are having any serious problems with your weather conditions...

...Liz...good to see you got you computer fixed and back on line...blue plats are beautiful...! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

..heat wave......minus 18 and sunny.... |^|.....but wind's still blowing...wind chill minus 29degrees... wfwf

Jon

wsantia1

A really nice 37 degrees here right now. I think this is the best it's going to be until the weekend.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 30, 2019, 12:24:13 PM
A really nice 37 degrees here right now. I think this is the best it's going to be until the weekend.

...mid 40's here on Sunday...... huh.......wtf....?
Jon

Mugwump

...there went the water........pipes busted in two places near by.......I'd go pee off the deck but my wing-wing would freeze off....Aaaaaaaaahhhh
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: Mugwump on January 30, 2019, 01:42:55 PM
...there went the water........pipes busted in two places near by.......I'd go pee off the deck but my wing-wing would freeze off....Aaaaaaaaahhhh

...back on now....these guys are good !
Jon

Ron Sower

...Florence, Az...72 right now...!

...our Illinois friends a couple blocks over are loving it here!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on January 30, 2019, 02:37:42 PM
...Florence, Az...72 right now...!

...our Illinois friends a couple blocks over are loving it here!...

...next time you see them wish them a 'bite me'......LOL
Jon

wsantia1

It's down to 14 degrees now.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 30, 2019, 05:16:28 PM
It's down to 14 degrees now.

...watch yourself......nasty cold....brrr....18below here...minus 31deg + tonight's record breaker.... wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf
Jon

ghonk

Quote from: Mugwump on January 30, 2019, 08:29:39 AM
If you are hearing a lot of loud cracking or booming noises outdoors, they may be because of this:

A cryoseism, also known as an ice quake or a frost quake, is a seismic event that may be caused by a sudden cracking action in frozen soil or rock saturated with water or ice. As water drains into the ground, it may eventually freeze and expand under colder temperatures, putting stress on its surroundings

I   heard something popping a few  times,was out back last night  and it sounded like wood cracking next door.
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon