• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 11:15:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 580
Total: 580

What a day....

Started by Mugwump, March 29, 2017, 05:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....nothing special, but what a day......the heavier rains/storms are moving in now after just a gloomy misty afternoon......

...Now to enjoya nice last cup of coffee and chill out on the 'puter for a spell....

So how's the day been for you folks... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Turned out to be a pretty good day. Spent most of my afternoon in the park with Kobe. Now back home cleaning some blackworms and feeding the fish.  |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

wsantia1

It's 7:30 and I already turned down the fishroom for tonight. Relaxing time now. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Nothing new and exciting here.  Chip found out that he wouldn't be getting what he needed for Charlotte's compressor and then it would take time because he had to use the pulley from the existing compressor ::)  Since I only had 3 dogs I decided I'd just take her back in the morning.

Fish keep laying eggs but I can't allow any grow outs until the wholesaler  buys a couple hundred fish.  I'm getting great pleasure out of watching my unexpected blue and Platinum Blushers grow.  The DD Blacks are very interesting.  They are different in style from my Angels.  It's probably just the finnage but they seem more refined than my fish.

Pieces of horse keep coming back to haunt me.  First it was hooves, then bones, and this morning stinking hide.  The hooves that came home a couple of weeks ago were the most distressing emotionally because they showed up first.  I wasn't surprised when I started seeing bones.  The stinking hide is totally gross.  I have dogs.  Dogs are not sentimental.  I cannot change their nature.  This too shall pass...
Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

I have only field work right now, it poops me out. I'm finishing WCs at midnight lately. Last Saturday I finally got the water barrels automated somewhat, it sure helps with my never ending water shortage.

Its starting to feel like fishing weather.
Dan

LizStreithorst

What is field work for you?  Are you outstanding in your field or out standing in your field?

wallace

Its climbing hills with a tripod and satellite receiver. This is no flat ground around here, so its up and down and up... mostly up! LOL
Dan

LizStreithorst

It sounds like great fun.  When I wasn't an old fart I loved mindless work like that.  It left my real mind think about whatever suited it's fancy.