• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 07:32:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 585
Total: 585

We played hooky today...

Started by Mugwump, March 22, 2017, 05:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

,,,started the wash and did some water changes this morn'n....then said screw it....we took off for St Charles and 'Church's chicken'....good stuff...the legs look like turkey legs.....the breasts and other pieces are large too....best of all tho, the batter crust is softer and thinner than the other joints....the seasoning...'poifect'.... |^| |^| |^| |^|

..then we drove down towards the 'Woodman's' in No Aurora..great store, employee owned...went to the candy bins and bought a variety of goodies...just like the old candy shops used to be.. |eat|

...found our yeast for the worm cultures....a 2# brick for $5.99... ???.....same price as those little 3-4oz jars elsewhere... |^|....found the green tea bags that Jan likes for half the price of other stores....

putz'd around some more...then stopped and scratched a few lotto tickets...LOL

we finally made it home and made a fine fresh pot of coffee.......now we're chill'n  ;)

fun day...just the two of us bumming around......yeppers... :)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

...best kind of days....just you and your honeykins.... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Tony44

RIGHT TURN CLYDE

Mugwump

Quote from: Tony44 on March 22, 2017, 06:37:59 PM
Wow 2 pounds for 6 bucks

yes, and there's Woodman's in Rockford..and No Aurora ,,right off 88....I think SAM's Club charges $11+....

....funny thing too....the next shelf rack over, they had the $5.95 4oz jars...... huh

...then again, most folks couldn't use 2#'s in a lifetime now days....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Took Charlotte to her uncle chip.  Did 2 dogs.  I only had 2 yesterday, too.  Last week dogs were coming out my ears, go figure.  Treated myself to a Mexican lunch.  Walked back to Chip's.  The window rubbers (I don't know what they're really called) hadn't come in but he was able to order an AC compressor!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  He brought the fancy instrument panel, he'd salvaged from a junker to the shop.  He brought a carpet from it too.  He said he'd have to take out Charlotte's seat and asked if I wanted it.  It looked good.  I want it!  When Chip gets done with Charlotte she will be so full of herself that she''ll  be impossible to live with.

Came home.  Took short nap with 4 dogs.  Wiped down a few tanks.  Changed a bunch of Magnum filters.  Did a pleasingly large WC and that's it.

Hi Tony 8)
Always move forward. Never look back.