• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 03:25:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 573
Total: 573

The Wholesaler

Started by LizStreithorst, November 05, 2014, 05:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

He only wants quarters at a buck a piece.  I have quarters now.  They are unturned HB's and I'm sure that many more will turn given time, but I don't have the tank space since I have more coming on, so a buck a piece sounds good to me.  I have 300 easy, and I tend to way underestimate.

I called him Monday morning and the lady I spoke to said that he'd already left for the day, that he was having dialysis that morning(poor guy, I had no idea).  Their hours are from 8 to 2 monday thru Thursday.  Tuesday and today I couldn't take time to call him because of work)  I never hope for a slow day at work, and tomorrow is almost booked, but I need to talk to this guy.  If he's not interested I want to know now so I don't have to save the as yet unturned multitudes for him for nothing.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 05, 2014, 05:35:15 PM
He only wants quarters at a buck a piece.  I have quarters now.  They are unturned HB's and I'm sure that many more will turn given time, but I don't have the tank space since I have more coming on, so a buck a piece sounds good to me.  I have 300 easy, and I tend to way underestimate.

I called him Monday morning and the lady I spoke to said that he'd already left for the day, that he was having dialysis that morning(poor guy, I had no idea).  Their hours are from 8 to 2 monday thru Thursday.  Tuesday and today I couldn't take time to call him because of work)  I never hope for a slow day at work, and tomorrow is almost booked, but I need to talk to this guy.  If he's not interested I want to know now so I don't have to save the as yet unturned multitudes for him for nothing.

Sounds good to me....if not, throw a lot of say 10 +2/$20 +shipping, on Aquabid.....sell a bunch off that way.......flat rate box for $15, and change....... ;D...toss a couple 'turned' in to sweeten the deal...post a pic of them mixed and simply state what it is....some turned, some not, but might??
It's true, and would be worth the gamble on the others...some of which most likely will turn...??

some folks will grab em for sure............win/win....

if you decide to give em away....I wouldn't mind a batch from a different pair to check out
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Are you sure, Mug?  Both parents are PSs :P

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 05, 2014, 06:36:05 PM
Are you sure, Mug?  Both parents are PSs :P

Why not....maybe the dark side will do me good??... ;D...if I end up doing a cross, I'll use a non-expressing mate....besides, I'm not crossing HB in to anything else.....it won't spread...he he
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

LizStreithorst

I'm not going to do the Aquabid thing, either.  It takes too long and I need the tank space NOW.  Besides, out of respect for myself I can only sell my best.  I know selling to the wholesaler is still selling, but it's different.  It's getting money for fish that would otherwise go down the toilet.