• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 06:21:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 760
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 733
Total: 733

Lunch date Saturday

Started by LizStreithorst, January 26, 2017, 02:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I have an old lady customer whose husband died unexpectedly.  Her husband always brought the dogs before.  Now her grand daughter brings them for her.  The grand daughter is young but she has one of the auto immune diseases and other stuff which is likely immune system related.  I thought this lady didn't need me because she has family.  It appears that I was wrong.  We chatted via email about meeting somewhere for lunch but it never happened.  She has invited me for lunch Saturday.  She will make fajitas and I will bring the guacamole.

I'm a little concerned because she's a "holy roller".  She already told me about being "saved" and how wonderful it was in an email.  She knows that I don't believe.  I pray to God (jk) that she doesn't try to shove religion down my throat Saturday.  I hate it when people do that to me.  While we were discussing what to make she asked what I like to drink. I said, "I drink beer.  I will bring my own."  She said that they (I guess that means the entire family) don't drink and that she will have water.  At least she didn't say that the 2 Corona's that I will take are not allowed in her house.  If she had, I'd have found a way to politely declined her invitation.  I don't want to offend her, but if she wants me she will have to accept me as I am.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 26, 2017, 02:27:33 PM
I pray to God (jk) that she doesn't try to shove religion down my throat! Saturday.

I should have some shirts made up with that printed on them for when I work at the local churches around here.  LOL

I can normally get them to behave by simply saying, "I hope you are as comfortable and happy with your beliefs as I am with mine".

Dennis

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Dennis, you have saved me again.  If she tries to save my soul I will tell to stop trying...that I am comfortable with my beliefs.  If she doesn't want to see me again, fine...If I'm too much of a heathen to groom her dogs that's fine, too.  The relationships I've made by working in little bitty Ellisville have been way more rewarding that when I had dogs flying in and out of my shop in Hattiesburg.  I kinda miss the money I was making but I'd have just spent it on "stuff".

Mug, people come to my shop all the time selling stuff for good cause that their church's are doing.  I never want the stuff, except once when there was something I thought that my neighbor Judy would like.  I always give them 5 bucks.  I'm a soft touch.  I don't think I'm getting scammed in little Ellisville.  If I am, I don't want to know.  Now, if someone came to my house or my shop and wanted to waste his time trying to push his version of the true religion on me, I would take your approach.   Nobody has ever done that to me and I don't think that anyone will.  But thanks for putting that bee in my bonnet.  I can just see myself doing it, can't you?

wallace

I have an aunt who was a nun, a Godmother and a Godfather. I have tried being blunt but I have found that politely declining their advances is the best way. Maybe leave open the possibility that you may yet be saved but for now you will continue in a state of sin.
Dan

LizStreithorst