• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 02:40:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 927
  • Online ever: 927
  • (Today at 02:17:12 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 912
Total: 913

Dank, rainy, Fri. morn'n coffee....

Started by Mugwump, September 11, 2015, 07:06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

.....Coffee is great...MMMmmm...slept in again  ;D ..it was easy, the bedroom was still dark and I just rolled over, pulled the covers over my head....
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......LOL

..more fish room putz'n.....nothing planned..... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Great morning coffee here too. I've been sleeping later too. It has to be the later morning sunrises. After yesterday's rainy crappy day and night it's going to be a gorgeous day here today with humidity dropping and temps in the low 80s. Going to do water changes on the fry and cory tanks, tidy up a bit and then I will hit the streets. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

...60's here today. actually the next few days....then back to 70-80's....the supposedly crashing again next weekend......fall's coming  |^| ;D |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

55 here at the moment...s'posed to rain on and off today.  Dreary day and I'm feeling lazy. Have to get on the bike to shake off the blahs...before it rains.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

GraphicGr8s

Hot here. Some of us actually have to work.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

Jon

BallAquatics

I'm hoping we get the rain that's forecast for this afternoon.  Beautiful cool morning.  Planning to spend the bulk of the day in the fish room.  Catch up on my BBC Radio 2 listening.

Looks like it may be safe to consider shipping some fish in a week or so..... 

Dennis

GraphicGr8s

Hot here. As usual. Tomorrow is the Outdoor Show at the fair grounds. Might take Boy to it in the afternoon after we drop mom off at work. Need to see if I can invest in some fishing gear. Like I need any more.
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on September 11, 2015, 02:59:52 PM
Hot here. As usual. Tomorrow is the Outdoor Show at the fair grounds. Might take Boy to it in the afternoon after we drop mom off at work. Need to see if I can invest in some fishing gear. Like I need any more.

We used to have a pretty good outdoor show in Chicago, at the old Amphitheater....they tore that place down and it's over at McCormick Place now....never been the same...
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Mugwump on September 11, 2015, 03:19:17 PM

We used to have a pretty good outdoor show in Chicago, at the old Amphitheater....they tore that place down and it's over at McCormick Place now....never been the same...

Frank Sargeant was a pretty noted outdoors writer for the Tampa Tribune here. (Retired to Bama I think) Mostly he was a fisherman though. The show used to be called the Frank Sargeant Outdoor Expo before he left.

We used to also have Capt Mel Berman. He passed a few years ago while on the OR table IIRC. He had one of those unmistakable voices. A deep baritone. Met him a few times at various events I went to. Seems all the captains I used to do work for though have gone onto other things the last few years. Too bad. It was fun picking their brain. And overall they were all pretty nice guys. Two capts I did work for Bill Miller and Sergio Atanes used to host a fishing tourney for one of the kids cancer charities here and we used to get as involved as we could there. Many of these guys seem to have a heart of gold and it rubs off.

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on September 11, 2015, 03:35:29 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on September 11, 2015, 03:19:17 PM

Frank Sargeant was a pretty noted outdoors writer for the Tampa Tribune here. (Retired to Bama I think) Mostly he was a fisherman though. The show used to be called the Frank Sargeant Outdoor Expo before he left.

We used to also have Capt Mel Berman. He passed a few years ago while on the OR table IIRC. He had one of those unmistakable voices. A deep baritone. Met him a few times at various events I went to. Seems all the captains I used to do work for though have gone onto other things the last few years. Too bad. It was fun picking their brain. And overall they were all pretty nice guys. Two capts I did work for Bill Miller and Sergio Atanes used to host a fishing tourney for one of the kids cancer charities here and we used to get as involved as we could there. Many of these guys seem to have a heart of gold and it rubs off.

John Bromfield hosted many of the 'Expos' here. I remember the log rolling, and fishing contests in a pond setup......there many booths hosted by the different fishing lodges both north of us in Wisc/Minn/Mich....and, of course, Canada...   You could get some great deals if you signed up at the 'Expos' too

The other good show was the Boating/Camping Show......they brought those big boats inside and you could climb on board for a look around....the campers were opened up too....but the bass boats were what we went to check out.. |^|
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Oddly enough they have the outdoors show this weekend, that will have boats there and next weekend, in the same venue is the boat show.

Years ago they made this "pond" about 6-8" deep out of 2x and liner and Capt. Miller had his flats boat in it teaching fly fishing.