• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 03:39:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 584
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 573
Total: 573

Settling in Arizona

Started by Ron Sower, September 10, 2016, 11:23:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

This is a thread picking up from Mug's reply to the Friday coffee deal yesterday.

We have central air in the main home.  The little room that will be expanded has a small inside a/c venting out that barely keeps up with holding the room at 84 during the hot part of the day. I spent a good part of the day in there yesterday and the air was dry and comfortable. That's the room that will be expanded and attached. It will have central air ducted from the main heat pump and we'll remove the small a/c. We're planning on starting the expansion October 1 or thereabout.

As far as a fish room...there won't be much space for that as it turns out. However, I will have room for a main tank in our living space in the main home and for 2 or 3 nano tanks in the expanded room (the guest room /my bedroom.

So far, I've seen lizards, a roadrunner, gila woodpeckers, and a coyote pooping on the side of the road!! I went into hysterical laughter when I saw that coyote! Right out in the open in the ditch beside the road, no less! Have they no pride? No manners? No sense of decency whatever?

Today we're taking the day off mostly. We have an app on Lucy's iPad that people at our granddaughter's game back in WA are using to broadcast her softball game. So we're watching them play right now!!! It's really cool. The app is named Periscope.

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...things are flowing well with the settling I see....good, I'm sure that it'll be a work in progress for a bit yet....how many sq ft will you end up having with the addition?...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on September 10, 2016, 11:48:02 AM
...things are flowing well with the settling I see....good, I'm sure that it'll be a work in progress for a bit yet....how many sq ft will you end up having with the addition?...

We'll be HUGE i tell ya!  66sf plus the whole desert...!!! |^| 8) 8) 8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron