• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 06:34:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 930
  • Online ever: 930
  • (Today at 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 774
Total: 774

Good Tuesday to you, my friends

Started by LizStreithorst, August 10, 2021, 02:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

My thing to do today was to go to the dollar store and make a beer/nicotine run.  The fish are doing fine.  The Gold/Black Ram pair are guarding the eggs they laid yesterday afternoon.  The Black/Black pair are fanning the wigglers they moved to the top of the sponge.  I need to get some BBS cooking.  I really should have been feeding it to the pairs all along.  I'm still trying to get up the guts to take my adult Discus to the Ken and Twee.  I will only get $50. each for them, but I don't need them.  It's hard because they are all quite healthy and beautiful and have been with me since they they were tiny eggs on the breeding cone.  I do try not to form an emotional attachment to my fish but sometimes it just happens. 

I got my new bed sheets and the sprinkler both of which were supposed to arrive yesterday.  I'm looking forward to bathing tonight and getting inside my new expensive sheets.  The new sprinkler is a rain bird.  It goes in a circular or semi circle patterns.  I would prefer an oscillating one but they all break so I opted for durable.

I'm doing a few loads of laundry and hanging it out.  Other than that all I have to do is drink and smoke and do my remaining animal care.  I hope the little girl comes after school to play with Charlotte.  It's good for Charlotte and it's good for the little girl.

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good morning Liz and everyone. It is a hot 92 degrees that feels like 104 degrees when you factor in the humidity.

I made a run to the vet to pick up Kobe's food and some anti-inflammatory meds. He has been bothered by an old ankle injury that may have arthritis. I see him limping quite a bit when he wakes up. Hopefully these meds work like they used to. It only bothers him when he just gets up from sleeping. Once he's up and moving around he usually stops limping.

Today got away from me because I had a late morning PT session and then I visited a friend who lost her husband overnight. It was sad because she told me that she and her youngest daughter got into an argument at the hospital and she had to ask hospital security to remove her daughter. huh I hope they work out whatever their issues are before any services begin.

Tomorrow I get to see the back doctor to see what she says about the shot, PT and the TENS machine. I had some manufacturer call me today to "quote" me my price after what Medicare pays and I was not happy that the Physical Therapy place would give them my info based on my inquiry. I checked them out and they are the legit place but .....

Anyway I hope you all are having a great day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Thanks for reminding me about asking my pain doctor about the TENS unit.  If he says it will help me I will get one.  I made an appointment to mine today.  It's next Wed. at 9.  I can tough it out until then.

Barb

Good evening Willie and Liz, today has been one of the hottest so far this summer, over 100 with the index.  Even in the shade was bad.  Hope you both get the Tens unit, and that it will work some for you both.  Willie, keep in mind that the one I have is battery powered, and works well, cost $50 some years back. Don' let them rip you off.  Same wih you Liz.  Hope Kobe does  well with his med.  I should have done wc on my discus tank today, but it will have to wait until tomorrow.  BTW, my Covid test was neg.  But I sure would like to know what I had then, it was definitely not a cold or flu.  Have a good eve you two, and later on Ron.
Barb

LizStreithorst

It's good to hear that you were negative Barb.  You are so careful about germs that if you were positive we would all get it which is not a comforting thought.

Give my best to Kobe please, Willie.  I know how hard it is to see a beloved friend getting old.  Does your vet have him on pain meds or supplements only?  I have Big Head with a bad knee on supplements only but when he starts limping I have the pain meds my vet prescribed when he needs them.

Ron Sower

Hello gang...I'm here...I actually started this several hours ago and got sidetracked  :D :D : ...

Yesterday I asked my pain doc about the TENS and he wasn't all that enthused about it... said he thought insurance doesn't cover it anymore...but I could try it if I wanted to...I'll be interested in what you guys hear from your docs...

At pt yesterday I was was showing much improvement in some areas...then he gave me some harder stuff to do that was painful, but I got the 20 reps done...it didn't kill me at least!... |^| 8) ... I'm walking almost every hour now, getting in as many 40' laps as I feel up to doing each time...why 40' you may ask?...I have 3 different or overlapping routes throughout my house that measure that, and I don't get too bored walking them!... and for when it's not too hot outside l have different 40' lengths measured on the sidewalk in front and around my house so it's easy to calculate my progress at the end of each day!...|^|

I put a notice up on our page that I have an overflow of Bloody Mary and yellow shrimp...and now I'll be selling a bunch by the end of the weekend...hope I have enough to supply all of them!...it'll be good to get the herd thinned some...I don't want a crash for sure...! One fellow wants to buy bloodies from me now and after his fire reds get going wants to trade for yellows...I like that..not looking for a gimme, but wants to continue with friendly trades in the future...that's the way I treat a lot of ppl that buy from me...trading is fun...if I'm not needing hobby money and if they have something that I want!...

I'm having a video board meeting tonight at 7:30 with the club leadership group...time to ask them if their heart is still in it...some of their actions show otherwise in a couple of them...not my favorite subject but I hope to bring it up in a general topic way...this is in preparation for the upcoming year...

I putzed in the fishroom a little this morni with plants...planted some that I pulled the other day and were  still floating in a container...trying some different lighting and substrate with them to see what happens...
Speaking of lighting I ordered 2 power adapters for some old Chihiros lights I bought used recently and when they arrived realized I'd ordered 24V ones when I need 12V ones...oop :(...thankfully Amazon has a great return program... I can set up the return, and they send a QR code and I just take it to my nearby Kohl's and they take it from there...no extra cost...meanwhile I have ordered the new one and hopefully I got it right this time! ;D ...

So glad to hear that you were "cleared", Barb...it may remain a mystery as to what you had...

I hate it when our loved furry animals get old and start to show their pain...Miss our little Murphy!...it was hard to watch him go down...

All y'all keep on keeping on now and happy aquariuming!👍😉

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron