• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 07:33:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,344
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 767
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 749
Total: 750

Travel'n...?

Started by Mugwump, April 26, 2015, 06:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..any trips planned this year folks....I think that we have one trip down to Southern Indiana planned for late summer... ;D....picking up a surprise.. ???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

We're going up north to Cheboygan Michigan for a week in June. The place we are staying at is on a river that is part of a chain of inland lakes.  It's the first time we will be travelling with our little pontoon boat. Looking forward to some new summer fun.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on April 26, 2015, 01:00:18 PM
We're going up north to Cheboygan Michigan for a week in June. The place we are staying at is on a river that is part of a chain of inland lakes.  It's the first time we will be travelling with our little pontoon boat. Looking forward to some new summer fun.

...now that sounds nice...... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I generally only vacate (go on vacation) for NADA which is only every 2 years.  The event lasts 3 days, but I take the full week off so I have time to recover.  I'm a party animal at NADA and get very little sleep so with travel and too much beer and no sleep I need recovery time :-[

I just found out that there is a dog grooming trade show May 30 and 31 outside of New Orleans only 2 1/2 hrs from here.  It's just 2 days, a Saturday and a Sunday.   They aren't having a grooming competition which is a shame, and there is an emphasis on creative grooming which is not my cup of tea.  (creative involves coloring dogs and making them look like ponies with saddles or dragons or other weird things)  Some speakers are giving the same classes I've already attended but it wouldn't hurt to see them again.  Another guy who is speaking hurt my feelings at a grooming competition and I believe that I had a part of him getting fired from his job as a representative for a clipper company (evil grin)   He's a terrier man.  His classes might be good.  The vendors there ain't much.  One of them who is local and came to my shop sharpened a pair of shears for me and the edge lasted 2 freekin' weeks!  There is a class on Bichon grooming by a good groomer.  That alone might be worth the money is she actually grooms a dog in front of my eyes and I get to talk with her afterwards.

I haven't yet decided whether or not I will go, but I think I will.  It's close, cheap and it will be nice to getaway for a week end.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 26, 2015, 02:27:53 PM
I generally only vacate (go on vacation) for NADA which is only every 2 years.  The event lasts 3 days, but I take the full week off so I have time to recover.  I'm a party animal at NADA and get very little sleep so with travel and too much beer and no sleep I need recovery time :-[

I just found out that there is a dog grooming trade show May 30 and 31 outside of New Orleans only 2 1/2 hrs from here.  It's just 2 days, a Saturday and a Sunday.   They aren't having a grooming competition which is a shame, and there is an emphasis on creative grooming which is not my cup of tea.  (creative involves coloring dogs and making them look like ponies with saddles or dragons or other weird things)  Some speakers are giving the same classes I've already attended but it wouldn't hurt to see them again.  Another guy who is speaking hurt my feelings at a grooming competition and I believe that I had a part of him getting fired from his job as a representative for a clipper company (evil grin)   He's a terrier man.  His classes might be good.  The vendors there ain't much.  One of them who is local and came to my shop sharpened a pair of shears for me and the edge lasted 2 freekin' weeks!  There is a class on Bichon grooming by a good groomer.  That alone might be worth the money is she actually grooms a dog in front of my eyes and I get to talk with her afterwards.

I haven't yet decided whether or not I will go, but I think I will.  It's close, cheap and it will be nice to getaway for a week end.

Yep.....'getaways' are what it's all about....... ;D
Jon

BallAquatics

Should be deductible since it's "Business" related.   8)  I love learning new things and getting some of my tax dollars back at the same time.....

Dennis

LizStreithorst

It is.  I even deduct my trips to NADA because my fish passion is supposedly a business.  Heck, I have proof.  I advertise my business on a successful fish forum, right?  Anything fish or dog grooming related is deductible.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 26, 2015, 03:30:45 PM
It is.  I even deduct my trips to NADA because my fish passion is supposedly a business.  Heck, I have proof.  I advertise my business on a successful fish forum, right?  Anything fish or dog grooming related is deductible.

Have fun....take pictures  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

Ron Sower

We'll be planning to go on several 3-4 day camping trips with Ducky. Starting with Memorial Day weekend and meeting up with my cousins and friends in Twisp/Winthrop Washington area. Hopefully most of our trips will be in the weekdays to avoid the crowds and kids. I'm sure there will be at least one trip to the coast. I'd like to carve out some time to see the Redwood forests in CA. Maybe this is the year. We're also talking about taking our daughter and granddaughter to Maui in Feb or March.

We'll see what happens. We have our kitchen cabinet project on tap too. Stripping and staining Java color. That will take money and time.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

ilroost

Staying home is vacation for me. Traveling is my job so staying home and doing nothing is the perfect vacation.
Might take the harley to the Abate of Illinois state party this year. We always went to that until, well you know life gets in the way. It's a 3 day camp out with the abate club nothing but drinking and bike games