• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 03:53:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 646
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 604
Total: 604

What a great day!

Started by BallAquatics, June 03, 2013, 07:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Perfect weather here today.  70 with clear blue skys.  Got the yard mowed, 4 dozen fish shipped, lots of water changes, new fry hatching, and almost everything cleared out before it gets too hot to ship.  I've got a few Danio roseus and Pauline's CPD's left, but just about everything else is gone..... need to get the breeders fired up for fall shipping and auctions.

Dennis

PaulineMi

Sounds like a good full day.

Next week is supposed to stay the same way weather-wise. I have the CPDs tank up and running.    ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

About the same temp's here Dennis...gorgeous day....putz'd and relaxed...I cut the grass om Sat....LOL... I'm shipping Barb some small fry tomorrow, and it's perfect weather for it, not as much heat needed as the cooler/cold days require....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Looking forward to them Jon, this week is in the mid 80's each day, low in the high 60's at night.  They will be fine, no heat packs needed?  I send your box off tomorrow afternoon.
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on June 03, 2013, 07:48:02 PM
Looking forward to them Jon, this week is in the mid 80's each day, low in the high 60's at night.  They will be fine, no heat packs needed?  I send your box off tomorrow afternoon.
Barb

It's 70's daytime, and upper 40's - mid 50's at night...I'll likely use a single 60hr heat pack to get em out of town,etc, this size insulated priority box should hold nicely...I'd rather not see em drop too cool...heat pack will be on the downside at arrival at your warmer temps....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

WOW, this is 2 in a row!  Again 70's and clear blue sky.  More water changes, moved some breeders, new faucet/sprayer/filter water on the kitchen sink, new shocks on my 22 year old truck, and a bunch of computer work completed.  Just a little after 4:00.....  I might take the rest of the week off  LOL   ;D

Dennis

Mugwump

Yowser....you're right....kick back for a bit    :o
Jon

Frank The Plumber

I use a uni heat 72 in this weather. The 60's get way too hot for me. A 72 maxs out at 105, a 60 at 150 or so. I have cooked quite a few fish with the 60's. I get to about Mid June and then it's cheap shipping time again. Just a box and a wrap of thermo reflective bubble and off they go. They do fairly well, Sent fish out in the hot heat of the last summer on quite a few 3 and 4 day adventures.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

I thought of that too, then did a 50% water change with cooler water. With the highs in the 70's and cool nights, they should be fine.....only used the one Ini 60....and it's wrapped, and secured in one corner.....these upper 40 to low 50 deg nights can cool a box pretty quick...
Jon