• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 10:38:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 652
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 602
Total: 602

Great.....tornado watch..

Started by Mugwump, May 30, 2013, 01:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

I see.  In the past, through out the mid-west, the sewer and storm sewer lines would intermingle and all converge at the waste water treatment plant.  Many municipalities would divert to the river to keep the plant from being overwhelmed.  Back in '98 when I left the field, there was lots of work either sorting out the piping, or in cases where that just wasn't feasible, in building containment tanks to hold the excess until it could be treated.

Dennis

JR

I hope the best for all of you that may be in harms way. It has been nice here all day long
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on June 01, 2013, 01:30:00 PM
I see.  In the past, through out the mid-west, the sewer and storm sewer lines would intermingle and all converge at the waste water treatment plant.  Many municipalities would divert to the river to keep the plant from being overwhelmed.  Back in '98 when I left the field, there was lots of work either sorting out the piping, or in cases where that just wasn't feasible, in building containment tanks to hold the excess until it could be treated.

Dennis

They set up a large mobile pump and pull from where the storm pipes converge down the street from us. It's pumped out on to the curb gutter, and runs on down the street towards the new sanitary facility drains...some goes where intended, and most runs on down toward the river. This is one of the first sections built for city expansion, back in the 50's. The sewer lines run down/under the middle of the street, while the storm sewers run down the gutters.

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

power back on finally. got real bad here lost power and a tree got knocked down on the house. Also lost my favorite tree, a giant weeping willow got split down the middle.Total of 6 trees down here.Good thing i had the generator ready so the fish room was fine.The town closest to me is all out of power.Now they are saying some more are on the way and should be here within the hour

Mugwump

Ouch !...stay hunkered down, bro....one just passed through here with the cold front...it's dropped over 10 deg's so far.....but winds were gusting around 50 mph for a while....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Am thinking of you guys.  Take care.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Jon

Ron Sower

I hope more of you are still hanging in there!
Good to hear back from you Mugs.
I guess our 3 major concerns here are:
1. River floods (I always try to live on high ground)
2. Earthquakes (If the state drops off into the ocean, I'll swim as long as I can)
3. Volcano (When Mt Rainier blows... ''I don't know where I'ma gonna go when the volcano blows..., to quote the Buffett)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron