• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 05:06:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 652
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 587
Total: 587

Great.....tornado watch..

Started by Mugwump, May 30, 2013, 01:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Seems that the weather is getting pumped up for tonite...it's shifting over towards us now..think I'll go check the backup power....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

So I heard.  Take care.  Hunker down if you need to.  Mother nature has two sides to her face.  It's beautiful here.
Always move forward. Never look back.

ilroost

sky is looking bad and it is windy as hell here. Generator is ready to go.

Mugwump

Thanks, Liz..radar shows that all hell is going to bust loose in about an hour, or so.....yikes...

Take care down south there, Bob....next couple days are going to be a trip, for sure..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Hope everyone stays safe.  We're getting warnings here too.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Barb

Hope you folks in the way of Mother Nature's wrath stay safe.  She is nasty this Spring.
Barb

ilroost

watchout Jon, it's getting nasty here

Mugwump

It made some noise, and it poured like crazy...but we're still here. Power didn't blink, but the satellite went out for a while....round 2 heading this way, looks like a hour or two of drizzle til then..
Jon

PaulineMi

We had horizontal downpours and the power went on and off in rapid succession a few times. Satellite was mostly out part of the late afternoon. Not good when bad weather concerns arise.

It's very windy this morning.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

ilroost

Mugwump

Stay safe....hard to tell yet what's going to happen here...but the town put out the big mobile sewer diverter down the street.....it helps the local sewer pipes by diverting a section of it towards the Kishwakee river.....
Jon

Ron Sower

Wishing you all the best of the situation.  I can't imagine living in that weather!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

ilroost

Weather radio is steady going off

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on May 31, 2013, 07:48:15 PM
.....it helps the local sewer pipes by diverting a section of it towards the Kishwakee river.....

God bless the US EPA!!!  A municipality can dump raw sewage into the eco system, but don't let them catch you burning a few yard debris without a permit!

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on June 01, 2013, 08:33:12 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on May 31, 2013, 07:48:15 PM
.....it helps the local sewer pipes by diverting a section of it towards the Kishwakee river.....

God bless the US EPA!!!  A municipality can dump raw sewage into the eco system, but don't let them catch you burning a few yard debris without a permit!

Dennis

Naw, it's the storm sewer that they try to divert some of....to lessen the backup...
Jon