• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 09:57:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 652
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 610
Total: 612

Boston

Started by ilroost, May 24, 2013, 09:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilroost

just got back from a 4 day run to boston. God i hate it on the east coast. Driving in it is a mess.Don't know how people live in a big city like that. I'll stick to my small town of 200 people. We have a fire dept. and a pop machine, thats all of downtown. No stop lights or stop signs

Mugwump

That pop machine have any Nehi ??...... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

LOL Thanks Jon, i got a good laugh out of that post  lol lol

PaulineMi

".....and a pop machine."   Lol.   Where's it located?
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

I know exactly what you mean.  We are just big enough to have a Post Office.  The girls there are simply awesome...  it's like having my own shipping department!

Dennis

Frank The Plumber

I enjoy living in the city. I live across from a forest preserve grove along the north branch of the chicago river. For the most part it is peaceful quiet and like living in a small town. We have a lot of animals and birds. We have a pack of coyotes that patrol the river length and we have a lot of large deer, had a huge buck in my back yard last season. I've lived rural and the people are about the same in as much as those who would be disturbing, those are everywhere now days. The nice thing is that I don't travel too far to have access to almost everything there could be that is needed. Within 5 to 7 miles from me I can get almost anything. I only put around 6,000 miles on a car in a year and I'm always off to some place. I suppose that how you live in a city has a lot to do with what your experience might be. Myself, I rarely sit in traffic as I tend to keep my business very local. I did at a point in time spend around 3 hours per day in heavy traffic daily and it really did bite a chunk.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

ilroost

Pauline, it's in front of the fire dept. lol
The closest place to get anything is a casey's 17 miles away.
I always get plenty of beer and a pizza on friday.