• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 10:50:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 52
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 38
Total: 39

Chili's cooking....

Started by Mugwump, September 13, 2014, 01:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...MMMMmmmm smells great too  ;D ;D ;D......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Still a little warm here for a pot of chili.  I'll be making chicken thighs with tomatoes, artichoke hearts, white wine, chicken stock, and heavy cream.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JC

We are having chili tomorrow for the bears game

Liz that chicken recipe sounds really good!

Mugwump

........Update  8)

Jon

JC

💧💧💧...that's my mouth watering. Haha

Mugwump

The secret to any good chili, or spaghetti sauce is letting it 'work'...IMHO....you have to turn the burner off and let it sit and 'work' it's ingredients together........Now I've got it back on low and heating slowly as to meld the flavors together.......MMMMMmmmmmm..soon, very soon....LOL....my stomach growled and Manny had to raise up on his hind legs and check it out.....LOL....
Jon

JC

Quote from: Mugwump on September 13, 2014, 04:49:21 PM
The secret to any good chili, or spaghetti sauce is letting it 'work'...IMHO....you have to turn the burner off and let it sit and 'work' it's ingredients together........Now I've got it back on low and heating slowly as to meld the flavors together.......MMMMMmmmmmm..soon, very soon....LOL....my stomach growled and Manny had to raise up on his hind legs and check it out.....LOL....

I 100% agree. We always let ours meld together for hours to get it tastin just right

LizStreithorst

My chicken dish was very flavorful but I won't make it again without tweaking.  I'll eat the browned skins when they're crisp rather than leave them on the thighs to get soggy.  I'll put it in the crock pot to allow the chicken to get fall from the bones tender.  I'm sure it will be better tomorrow once the flavors have a chance to blend, but I know I can get more out of this recipe than the expert who wrote it.

Mugwump

..leftover chili here for me...Jan grabbed the leftover Chinese...

Jan cleaned up the tree wood laying around the yard, and pulled some weeds along the fence, then burned it all, I cut the grass, and got all the trash/recycle dumped....now we're molding out....maybe some ice cream later on...???
Jon