• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 03:31:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 450
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 342
Total: 343

MMmmm stuffed peppers..

Started by Mugwump, July 19, 2014, 09:38:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...in our near future  ;D  Jan just walked in with a half dozen really nice green peppers from the garden.....I'll make em during the week, in the slow cooker.....well...maybe tomorrow??  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

Hate stuffed peppers when I was a kid. Went into the Marine Corps seemed like that was all they were feeding us. I started liking them. Now I love them that is funny how that works.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

wiggs

I know what you mean JR.Ii used to hate saurkraut ( did i spell that right ?)  couldn`t even stand the smell of it , now I like and will even eat it with pork.
Jan

PaulineMi

Quote from: wiggs on July 20, 2014, 06:12:19 AM
I know what you mean JR.Ii used to hate saurkraut ( did i spell that right ?)  couldn`t even stand the smell of it , now I like and will even eat it with pork.

I went through that with sauerkraut too.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on July 20, 2014, 08:11:00 AM
Quote from: wiggs on July 20, 2014, 06:12:19 AM

I went through that with sauerkraut too.

Jan's Mom fries 'kraut'... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

I too dislike them as a kid, and love them now. It's that way with a lot of foods....except liver!!!!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on July 20, 2014, 10:18:22 AM
I too dislike them as a kid, and love them now. It's that way with a lot of foods....except liver!!!!

Righto, Ron....nothing makes liver taste good...nada, zilch, nil....gross crap....
Jon

JR

I have loved liver since I was a kid. My dad thought I was nuts

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on July 20, 2014, 09:08:36 PM

I had rheumatic fever as a kid, I had to take that liver extract syrup/tonic...it was gross, if you spilled a drop on your pajamas..it even formed a scab...tasted absolutely gross....my G'ma used to make liver the old fashion German way, with cooked apples, and a little bacon....still gross...yuckers....
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: JR on July 20, 2014, 09:08:36 PM

Ahhhhh! I see, JR.....You're one of those Liver-Lovers I've heard about!  :o
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

JR

The first time I had Liver and Onions was at Frsch's I was about 8 year old. Have ate it ever since.