• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 03:16:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 185
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 145
Total: 145

Frigid Friday

Started by wsantia1, March 05, 2021, 04:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I am up early probably because I am scheduled to get my 2nd Covid shot this morning. Anyway I am already on my 2nd cup of coffee and it is really good.

At the moment it is still dark outside with the temp at 27 degrees and the wind gusting between 15-25 mph and yes I have already walked Kobe outside to do his business.

We will have plenty of sunshine and temps will hit a high of 41F this afternoon but the windy conditions will stick around and it will feel much colder.

I wish you all a great day and I will check in later to update my condition. I didn't feel any ill effects after the first shot but some people have had issues after the second dose.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Good morning Willie, also windy, cold but sunny here this morning.  |brr| Good to see sun finally.  Hope your shot goes well, I get my second one in a week.  Take some Tylenol soon, it will help any side effects from the shot I hear.  Several people have told me this.  I will take it a day before and the day of.  Seems to work well.  Off to help my mom, you all have a good day! 
Barb

Ron Sower

...HI folks!...

...Barb, please check on the latest info about Tylenol before the shot...we were told non 1 or 2 days prior to it but okay after it...I don't know what the latest remarks are though...

...meanwhile here in sunny AZ, we're at 69 right now and going to 79 today, and no wind to speak of...not too bad... |^|

...Didn't clean house yesterday, so gotta do it this morning...couple coming over to play cards this afternoon...Did get the WC done on the Congo tank and had the sediment filter feeding into the house replaced...

...have a good day folks!...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Everybody is ahead of me with their vaccs.  I don't get my first until Monday.  I'm really looking forward to it.  I've heard that the new J&J vaccine is in the State.  I think that it gets a bad rap and wouldn't mind it they gave me that one.  No matter which one I get I'll continue masking.  The thinking is that the flu is less prevalent this year because of masking.  It just makes sense.

I bought 2 Mystery Snail egg clutches.  They arrived today.  The guy I bought them gave me an education.  He's also breeding assassin snails and shrimp.  He must be a young dude.  He works fast food and lives in a 1 bedroom apartment and has 10 tanks in his bedroom.  That is passion.

I went to Hattiesburg for dog meds, cheap gas and a cigar, and to see Twee and give her shrimp, eggs and brownies plus the recipe.  I got a cat bed for my little dog with the heart problem.  I hope she likes it.  Tink is always on Big Head's expensive orthopedic bed for large dogs.  He goes to bed late and doesn't like sharing.  But he's such a kind soul that instead of waking her up and growling her off, he whines at me until I wake up and ask her myself. 

My old body has been giving me hell lately so I haven't done anything physical.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

I am glad that I am done with the vaccinations unless they come out with a booster for the variants. So far no ill effects from the shot but the pharmacist says they can hit from 8 to 36 hours after the shot. I am not quite at 8 hours yet.

Like Liz I will continue to wear my mask especially out in public. I will relax a bit when I am with my family.
Willie

Ron Sower

...An interesting observation...I usually get an allergy reaction to pollens in the fall and the spring that turns into a nasty, hang on forever sinus infection...
this year that did not occur and I attribute it to masking a lot...

...i had about 3 days of a very sore upper arm at the injection site... I had the Moderna...I'm expecting more symptoms after the second shot since that's what we're reading and hearing...

...Today our governor lifted the occupancy restrictions on businesses here in AZ...still need to wear masks...requiring the kids to be back in the schools by the 15th...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Thanks Ron, I think I will take it only if I feel the need after the shot.  Glad to hear Willie has his and Liz is next.  We shall compare our effects, if any?
Barb

wsantia1

Hey everybody, so far only a sore at the site of the injection. A little bit more sore than the first shot.
Willie

LizStreithorst

I'm curious about my reactions as well.  I have never had a reaction to anything....yet....
Always move forward. Never look back.