• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 02:34:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 609
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 578
Total: 578

L066....spawning...

Started by Mugwump, October 02, 2014, 11:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

King Tigers...they started earlier, he's got her trapped...now to wait.. ;D     I really like these weather fronts coming through... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

still at it... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

That is great!!! Good luck!!! Would this be their first spawn?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 02, 2014, 11:53:49 AM
That is great!!! Good luck!!! Would this be their first spawn?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yes, there are 5 in their, we've just been waiting for them to finish growing and pair off.  Since I posted the above, I've added another cave to entice a possible second pair....as of now, the two love birds are still at it.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 02, 2014, 12:05:00 PM

Yes, there are 5 in their, we've just been waiting for them to finish growing and pair off.  Since I posted the above, I've added another cave to entice a possible second pair....as of now, the two love birds are still at it.....

Well this must be another waiting list you must add ny name to. lol. Again good luck. ;D ;D ;D This is pretty special. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 02, 2014, 12:08:57 PM

..this being their first spawn, I just hope they get it somewhat right.....LOL....we'll see...I'll check them again in a while....

Well this must be another waiting list you must add ny name to. lol. Again good luck. ;D ;D ;D This is pretty special. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 02, 2014, 12:14:49 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on October 02, 2014, 12:08:57 PM

..this being their first spawn, I just hope they get it somewhat right.....LOL....we'll see...I'll check them again in a while....

I can understand that.  Hopefully they get this right. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Mugwump

I don't recall ever having a male keep the female in the cave this long...??...but who knows, perhaps she wasn't quite ready yet???....weird.... ::)
Jon

wsantia1

I hope all is ok in there. i don't know much about them except that they are beautiful and what i briefly read on planet catfish. ???
Willie

JC

I like those a lot Jon. How long to they take to mature and pair off?

Mugwump

Quote from: JC on October 02, 2014, 06:37:53 PM
I like those a lot Jon. How long to they take to mature and pair off?

I'm not sure...I believe that they were mature enough over the late spring and summer...but just never did the deed.....????....still not quite sure what's happening now....LOL......can't see in there well enough now.....better idea in the morning, I hope...LOL
Jon

JC

Have you had them since they were small?? How long from then till now?

Mugwump

Quote from: JC on October 02, 2014, 07:24:49 PM
Have you had them since they were small?? How long from then till now?

Yes, got the all (5) at about 2 inches, or so....that was late last year....
Jon

Mugwump

Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 04, 2014, 08:25:01 AM
...and we have eggs... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;!!!

Congratulations and good luck raising that spawn!!!
Willie

Mugwump

..he's fanning his butt off in there... ;D
Jon