• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 10:21:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 577
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 568
Total: 568

Papa blue eyed...

Started by Mugwump, April 21, 2014, 05:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...is on another batch of eggs.... ;D.....just moved the last batch to the 20H.....they're on the algae already too....cool ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

How are you feeding them algae?  Just natural growth?
I kept some rainbow fry recently for a friend on vacation and he gave me some Chlorella from the natural foods store to feed them. Pretty cool!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on April 21, 2014, 10:01:55 PM
I kept some rainbow fry recently for a friend on vacation and he gave me some Chlorella from the natural foods store to feed them. Pretty cool!

I let the BN fry tanks go to algae, there's even one by the window ;D....helps a lot....you can even grab covered rocks from another tank and pop em in there....good foraging for them..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 22, 2014, 06:12:34 AM

I let the BN fry tanks go to algae, there's even one by the window ;D....helps a lot....you can even grab covered rocks from another tank and pop em in there....good foraging for them..

My new BN fry have already cleared out the visible algae in the 16g bowfront.  Overnight they've been working on a small slice of zucchini and have been chomping pretty good on the driftwood.  As Jon likes to say "they're pigs". LOL  ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 22, 2014, 06:24:56 AM

My new BN fry have already cleared out the visible algae in the 16g bowfront.  Overnight they've been working on a small slice of zucchini and have been chomping pretty good on the driftwood.  As Jon likes to say "they're pigs". LOL  ;D ;D ;D

'pigs'.....I probably should have said 'a swarm of locust'  ;D...sounds like a healthy batch there, Willie..........watch your fingers ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on April 22, 2014, 06:35:52 AM
..........watch your fingers ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

LOL you just made my day!   :P

Dennis

wsantia1

'pigs'.....I probably should have said 'a swarm of locust'  ;D...sounds like a healthy batch there, Willie..........watch your fingers ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yes it looks like a healthy batch.  Thanks for all of your help. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 22, 2014, 07:39:48 AM

Yes it looks like a healthy batch.  Thanks for all of your help. ;D ;D ;D

You're welcome.....nice job ;D
Jon