• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 09:52:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 542
Total: 542

Why is it?

Started by LizStreithorst, June 18, 2016, 04:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Why do I never get into fights here?  I just gave a piece of my mind to a mod at simple.  He edited a post I made that changed the entire meaning of my post.  I was pissed.  At least he had the politeness to inform me of what he did.  That outrageous shit never happens to me here.  Here I'm friends with most everyone.  I can't figure out why it's easy for me here and I have such a hard time elsewhere.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Everything has been resolved at simple.  The mods get together and talk it all out.  They did what I asked and removed my post that was edited to make it seen that I was saying the opposite of what I wanted to say.  I posted again in different words, although I kinda think that the words were exactly the same.  My post is still standing.  The mod was wrong and I was right.  The mod talked to Pat Husband, an admin at Simply. (they were the only big deals on when I checked)  I've met Pat.  She has a good head on her shoulders.  I am not a hard ass but I must be given a degree of respect.  Got it.  I am satisfied.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BillT

Why would they modify your post?
Sounds like they don't like Freedom of Speech!

Ron Sower

LIz...This is forum for real people. I think it's been disguised as an aquarium lover's forum.  8) Seldom do we have any real disputes. We respect each other from the gitgo here. At least, this is my take on it...!  The reason I like it so much.

I'm on one other forum regularly and, although it's an aquarium only forum, I have little say on it publicly because there are always a few hotshots that have to nitpick and divinely detail every thing that's written. It gets crappy sometimes and I just private message the people I want to respond to.

2c2 2c2 2c2 2c2 2c2 2c2 2c2 2c2 2c2 2c2 2c2 2c2 2c2 2c2 2c2 2c2 2c2 2c2 2c2 2c2 2c2
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

ilroost

Most forums have those know it all's on it. Not so much here. A lot of respect is shown on this forum. We are lucky to have a small but great group